Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Which bluetooth adapter?
Hi!

Which bluetooth adapter/dongle is supported to use with moode? I guess it has to be supported on Linux at least, but I bought one now that lists Bluetooth version 5 in moode, and also when enabled starts up correctly, but it won't show up as pairing device on a phone or ipad. Any ideas what to look out for to solve this?
What model adapter?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(06-21-2021, 12:05 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What model adapter?

I don't really know, but probably an unbranded one I found online. I can't find any exact model number on the package. However, I've found this list: https://linuxhint.com/linux-compatible-b...h-dongles/

Might one of those work?
The only experience I have is with the Bluetooth adapter that comes integrated on Pi-3 and Pi-4 boards. These work perfectly.
Enjoy the Music!
(06-21-2021, 12:08 PM)windows97 Wrote:
(06-21-2021, 12:05 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What model adapter?

I don't really know, but probably an unbranded one I found online. I can't find any exact model number on the package. However, I've found this list: https://linuxhint.com/linux-compatible-b...h-dongles/

Might one of those work?

I have a few unbranded CSR 4.0 USB Bluetooth Dongles which look exactly like the DAYKIT version (no.2 in your link). I've just plugged one into a pi zero running moOde 7.2.1 and it pairs/connects/plays to a bluetooth speaker and is visible/available to pair to my phone. At the start it did seem to take a little longer to set bluetooth to on in Configure/Audio renderer section but it got there in the end.
(06-21-2021, 12:15 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The only experience I have is with the Bluetooth adapter that comes integrated on Pi-3 and Pi-4 boards. These work perfectly.

Hi Tim,

Are you saying that the Audio stream from a DAC Hat on a Raspberry Pi 3B can be streamed to the Bluetooth transmitter on the RPi 3B?

If so, please could you explain the setup steps required.

Robin
Menu, BlueZ

First Pair the Bluetooth speaker then select "MPD audio output -> Bluetooth"  and click CONNECT.

The Bluetooth speaker can also be another Pi3/4 but I haven't tested that in a while.

Enjoy the Music!
(06-22-2021, 11:04 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Menu, BlueZ

First Pair the Bluetooth speaker then select "MPD audio output -> Bluetooth"  and click CONNECT.

The Bluetooth speaker can also be another Pi3/4 but I haven't tested that in a while.

WOW! I have it working ... I am amazed, I didn't think that the DAC Hat Audio Stream could be redirected to the RPi onboard Bluetooth transmitter.

Two questions:
  1. Can I have BOTH the Local and Bluetooth streams live at the same time? I suspect the answer is No Tongue 
  2. I seem to get stuck in the BlueZ config screen illustrated below after switching back from Bluetooth to Local devices. How do I get back from this screen to the Library or Main display screen?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)