Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: some enthousiastic suggestions
Hi there !

I've been using moOde for about a year now, and I can say that I'm absolutely delighted with functionalities and rendering options.
As a fellow user, some ideas have crossed my mind in the last few months.

First of all, I'm an avid music explorer, as such, the YouTube channels I've subscribed to suggest new album that could interest me, so, I wonder if it would be possible to add an option to listen to the youtube video by using, for example, youtube-dl combined with ffplay.
For example :
Code:
youtube-dl <QUALITY_OPTIONS> https://YOUTUBE_URL -o - | ffplay -nodisp -autoexit -i -

That would be great to listen to an album with decent quality gear instead of my sh!#y laptop speakers Smile

Also, I like to listen to my music collection by playing albums in their entirety, that's why I use Auto-shuffle in album mode, but sometimes comes an album I don't want to listen to... So, would it be possible to have a skip entire album button to load another album while maintening auto shuffle functionnalities ?

Finally, I've stumbled upon this mpd plugin called blissify (https://github.com/Polochon-street/blissify-rs) and I feel it could be a great addition to an already great player.

Let me know what you think of those ideas, I've been thinking about them for a while, and I think they would be useful to a lot of people besides me Wink

Thanks a lot for your consideration
Hi, good ideas but not trivial to implement and thus there would need to be dev(s) interested in committing their time and effort to develop and support the features.

Some questions.

1. Youtube-dl
Where do the URL's come from?
My concern is about how this would be supported. There are ~3500 open issues in their Git repo.
https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl/issues

2. Skip Album
One challenge with this is how to do it in the UI. The skip next button is already dedicated to skip to the next track in the Queue.

3. Blissify MPD plugin
This would be kind of cool.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Quote:Also, I like to listen to my music collection by playing albums in their entirety, that's why I use Auto-shuffle in album mode, but sometimes comes an album I don't want to listen to... So, would it be possible to have a skip entire album button to load another album while maintening auto shuffle functionnalities ?

I shall check this next boot but would not the 'remove item' function in the main window do this ?
----------
bob
(06-22-2021, 08:11 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi, good ideas but not trivial to implement and thus there would need to be dev(s) interested in committing their time and effort to develop and support the features.

Some questions.

1. Youtube-dl
Where do the URL's come from?
My concern is about how this would be supported. There are ~3500 open issues in their Git repo.
https://github.com/ytdl-org/youtube-dl/issues

2. Skip Album
One challenge with this is how to do it in the UI. The skip next button is already dedicated to skip to the next track in the Queue.

3. Blissify MPD plugin
This would be kind of cool.

-Tim

1. Youtube-dl
Maybe you could add an option in the top left menu, below radio for example, which could present an input field where one could paste its youtube URL
Also, if youtube-dl is inconvenient considering the numerous issues, mpv also has the possibility to stream youtube url eg: mpv --no-video <youtube_url>

2. Skip album
Maybe the option could be added in the [...] menu amongst the repeat or consume options or a special button that would only appear when auto shuffle is enabled, but I guess it would not integrate very well in an already very streamlined interface

3. Blissify
Yeah it does Big Grin

@DRONE7 
The remove items option is nice but you have to select first and last items to remove for it to work, which is kind of inconvenient...