Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.3.0 support thread
(09-06-2021, 12:08 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Reboot and post output from the following commands and ill have a look

Code:
moodeutl -l

moodeutl -F

mediainfo <path to your dff file>

Hi Tim,
Have you had a chance to take look at this issue?  posted the output above.
I don't see anything suspicious in the logs you posted but unfortunately I don't have a Allo Digione and so no able to repro. I was able to successfully play a DFF128 on my Boss 2 which is similarly limited to 192K. IIRC set ALSA output mode to "Direct (hw)" in Audio Config, set DSD support to "Native DSD (Default)" in MPD Config so you end up with DSD to PCM On-the-fly conversion. Something like that.

You could post download link to a zip of the DFF file and maybe someone with a Allo Digione can reproduce your issue.

Other alternative is to convert to DSF format instead of DFF and see if that works.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-15-2021, 02:29 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I don't see anything suspicious in the logs you posted but unfortunately I don't have a Allo Digione and so no able to repro. I was able to successfully play a DFF128 on my Boss 2 which is similarly limited to 192K. IIRC set ALSA output mode to "Direct (hw)" in Audio Config, set DSD support to "Native DSD (Default)" in MPD Config so you end up with DSD to PCM On-the-fly conversion. Something like that.

You could post download link to a zip of the DFF file and maybe someone with a Allo Digione can reproduce your issue.

Other alternative is to convert to DSF format instead of DFF and see if that works.

I tried converting to DSF no luck, tried various other options in iso2dsd as well, all of them produce the same error.  It's strange cause I know for a fact this worked in previous versions of moode audio, cause I specifically converted them to dff because moode doesn't recognize ISO files, and dff did not produce clicks between tracks.
(09-16-2021, 04:12 AM)uteroid Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 02:29 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I don't see anything suspicious in the logs you posted but unfortunately I don't have a Allo Digione and so no able to repro. I was able to successfully play a DFF128 on my Boss 2 which is similarly limited to 192K. IIRC set ALSA output mode to "Direct (hw)" in Audio Config, set DSD support to "Native DSD (Default)" in MPD Config so you end up with DSD to PCM On-the-fly conversion. Something like that.

I tried converting to DSF no luck, tried various other options in iso2dsd as well, all of them produce the same error.  It's strange cause I know for a fact this worked in previous versions of moode audio, cause I specifically converted them to dff because moode doesn't recognize ISO files, and dff did not produce clicks between tracks.

UPDATE

After switching form ALSA output to directhw the audio started working.  

Direct (hw)
No automatic conversions are performed. The audio device must support the output format or playback will not occur.
Supported by MPD, Bluetooth (inbound), Airplay and Spotify renderers and CamillaDSP.
NOTE: Loopback is not supported in Direct mode.
NOTE: Crossfeed, Parametric EQ and Graphic EQ output using plughw regardless of this setting.
After trying to use Volumio for a while, and really missing moOde, I decided to give it another try and found the issue. I had been setting the named device for my DAC to Hifiberry DAC+ Pro, this is what breaks my install. I tried setting up my DAC in the DT Overlay instead, and bingo, everything works fine!