Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Official moOde 7.3.0 support thread
I cannot set "alsa output mode" = DIRECT (HW).
I can see options but "SET" button is off, i cannot click it.
(06-28-2021, 01:51 PM)serbanra Wrote: No audio for Spotify with USB DAC - again! Sad

UPDATE 1: I turned/Set ON - ALSA Loopback and then turned/Set OFF - ALSA Loopback - and now Spotify is working.

UPDATE 2: I started radio and now Spotify it stopped working and no more moodeaudio Spotify option for selection in my network.

UPDATE 3: I turned/Set ON - ALSA Loopback and then turned/Set OFF - ALSA Loopback - and now Spotify is working.

Every time I start the radio I need to "refresh" ALSA (with UPDATE 1 in order to reactivate Spotify.)

Working fine on my end.

Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(06-28-2021, 01:58 PM)officialsm Wrote: I cannot set "alsa output mode" = DIRECT (HW).
I can see options but "SET" button is off, i cannot click it.

the help text under the option

Default (plughw)
Perform automatic conversions if needed for example 0-pad the bit depth to a width supported by the audio device.
Enable a mechanism for creating a Loopback device that provudes a copy of the PCM stream.
Direct (hw)
No automatic conversions are performed. The audio device must support the output format or playback will not occur.
Supported by MPD, Bluetooth (inbound), Airplay and Spotify renderers and CamillaDSP.
NOTE: Loopback is not supported in Direct mode.
NOTE: Crossfeed, Parametric EQ and Graphic EQ output using plughw regardless of this setting.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi officialsm

You will need to stop mpd_oled to change thae ALSA loopback setting.

Stop mpd_oled

Code:
sudo systemctl stop mpd_oled

Start mpd_oled again after changing the setting

Code:
sudo systemctl start mpd_oled

Adrian.
(06-28-2021, 02:48 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(06-28-2021, 01:51 PM)serbanra Wrote: No audio for Spotify with USB DAC - again! Sad

UPDATE 1: I turned/Set ON - ALSA Loopback and then turned/Set OFF - ALSA Loopback - and now Spotify is working.

UPDATE 2: I started radio and now Spotify it stopped working and no more moodeaudio Spotify option for selection in my network.

UPDATE 3: I turned/Set ON - ALSA Loopback and then turned/Set OFF - ALSA Loopback - and now Spotify is working.

Every time I start the radio I need to "refresh" ALSA (with UPDATE 1 in order to reactivate Spotify.)

Working fine on my end.

Fresh 7.3.0 install (the update over 7.2.1 messed up all the settings) and now Spotify is working perfect! Smile
Thank you, Tim!
Stopping and starting mpd oled services.... helped, thanks Tim, adrian.
the track progress bar sometimes flashes,
the volume bar sometimes flashes
(06-28-2021, 05:37 PM)Mr.R0b0t Wrote: the track progress bar sometimes flashes,

What devices do you see this on?
----------------
Robert
(06-29-2021, 06:59 AM)the_bertrum Wrote:

laptop - firefox 90
(06-29-2021, 09:01 AM)Mr.R0b0t Wrote:
(06-29-2021, 06:59 AM)the_bertrum Wrote:

laptop - firefox 90
Firefox 90 is a Beta release.....
Does the behaviour you see happen with the stable Firefox 89 release ??
----------
bob