Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Subwoofer, Dual DAC & CamillaDSP
Hello all,

I'm happily using MoodeAudio on a Raspberry PI 3B+, with a ES9023 DAC (not a Raspberry hat, but a separate circuit board connected to the Raspberry GPIO with an homemade adapter board).
My media library is stored onto an USB external drive, NTFS formatted.
The Raspberry is connected to the house WiFi, so I can control Moodeaudio via web and via android app (M.A.L.P.).
The whole thing feeds then a Technics SU-V9 and a pair of Grundig vintage speakers.
Everything works really fine.

I'd like to enhance the system, adding a subwoofer.
First idea was to build an active one, taking the signal from the L/R power output of the amplifier (it has a remote connection for a second set of speakers, so I could take the signals from there), then reduce it, low-pass filter it, and then feed a plate amplifier.

However, since now we have CamillaDSP, I could use it to create a digital low-pass filter, and then have a separate output directly from the DAC to the subwoofer amplifier.

Of course, I need a second DAC; the first for the L/R channels, the other one for the subwoofer.
Now, does anybody of you know if any double nice DAC board exists?
I would like to have a recent one, with a decent DAC ic implemented correctly.
I like ES90xx DACs, anything with these chips?

Moreover, any instructions on how to use CamillaDSP for this purpose?

Thank you in advance!
@croccodillo

We have a great community of moOde users here but for generic questions about audio hardware I'd suggest also asking on the 'Sound & Line / PC-based' forum at diyaudio.com if you haven't done so already.

Good hunting

Regards,
Kent
An easier method, as well as an upgrade to your current dac, would be to purchase an Allo Piano 2.1 which is supported ootb in MoOde without having to use Camilla DSP.
https://www.allo.com/sparky/piano-dac-2-1.html.
----------
bob