Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 7.4.0 release
That looks the bees knees. Using RTP will be a huge boost.

This line "It works favourable as a replacement for traditional ISDN lines and hardware ISDN codecs" made me smile.
lol, I'm not sure about the reference to ISDN and such but shipping audio or video around a network is typically done with RTP/UPD because it has such low overhead. In my tests the endpoint sync is really good. The challenge is make it an easy to use feature.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-05-2021, 02:13 PM)adrian311 Wrote:
(08-05-2021, 01:16 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Tested and the issue with the FLAC streams is that the metadata is constantly being resent by RP during playback. If you have Queue thumbs turned on you will see the Queue list being regularly refreshed because it thinks the metadata has changed.
Mmm - odd - not seeing that behaviour here. No probs though, it's not an issue to add them manually. Thanks Tim.
Adrian

Nor am I.  Haven't a clue what queue thumbs are and where they show in the UI, mind you.  But they are turned on here.

Phil

Hi Tim,

can you please add the nullmixer as a mixer option (volume option) in the list?

I use a Shuntattentuator with I2C, for this I use the nullmixer option of the MPD.

In the previous versions I edited the settings in the files.

Thank in advance.
If you are using an external attenuator wouldn't you just use the "Fixed (0dB)" option which always outputs 100% volume?

I don't quite understand the use case for mixer type null.
Enjoy the Music!
(08-11-2021, 11:36 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: If you are using an external attenuator wouldn't you just use the "Fixed (0dB)" option which always outputs 100% volume?

I don't quite understand the use case for mixer type null.

Hi Tim,

I use the Volume Button of the UI, for the remote control of the attenuator.

MPD Vol --> conversion to integer 0...23  --> Relay attenuator over I2C  Smile
Ok, so with null mixer MPD still reports the volume but doesn't actually set it, correct?

Do you use a script that monitors MPD volume and then sends I2C commands?
Enjoy the Music!
(08-11-2021, 12:04 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Ok, so with null mixer MPD still reports the volume but doesn't actually set it, correct?--> yes

Do you use a script that monitors MPD volume and then sends I2C commands?
exactly, i have made one complete audio player with Tube-DAC, relay attenuator, input selector, graphical OLED display, and physical buttons

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'll add to the TODO list.

Super nice DIY :-)
Enjoy the Music!
Thank you so much!