Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: No UPnP renderer
(11-04-2021, 11:00 AM)cereyanlimusiki Wrote: Thanks @TheOldPresbyope

Which Moode Log do I need to check to see what is going on ?

I enabled "debug logging" and I see this error when I try to stream tidal to moode upnp.

enhanceMetadata(): error: currentsong file is NULL
@cereyanlimusiki

The error you see is only an indirect indication since it occurs downstream of the upmpdcli renderer.

To get a more direct look, you'll need to enable the upmpdcli logging and examine its separate log. You'll have to work from the command line as user root and be familiar with operations like file manipulations and text editing using a tool such as nano or vi. 

If you're comfortable with that then I can offer you instructions. It'll be useful to know how detailed these need to be. For example, can I say "uncomment the line" or do I need to say "delete the leading hash mark (#) from the line"?

Two general questions:

1. Are you running on a moOde player with no changes beyond those needed to enable your DAC and the UPnP renderer? No changes to esoteric audio parameters, right? It's difficult to diagnose problems remotely if the system is not in a known state.

2. Back in post #8 you said

Quote:If I try stream TIDAL from mconnect to Moode does not play TIDAL track 

I'm unclear what "does not play TIDAL track" means. Do you see the track appear in the queue in moOde's Playback screen? Does mconnect indicate the track is playing or is it paused/stopped?

Regards,
Kent
(11-04-2021, 03:42 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @cereyanlimusiki

The error you see is only an indirect indication since it occurs downstream of the upmpdcli renderer.

To get a more direct look, you'll need to enable the upmpdcli logging and examine its separate log. You'll have to work from the command line as user root and be familiar with operations like file manipulations and text editing using a tool such as nano or vi. 
Yes I am comfortable with that

Quote:1. Are you running on a moOde player with no changes beyond those needed to enable your DAC and the UPnP renderer? No changes to esoteric audio parameters, right? It's difficult to diagnose problems remotely if the system is not in a known state.

Yes . It's Vanilla installation with only wifi , DAC and Spotify Renderer set up

Quote:I'm unclear what "does not play TIDAL track" means. Do you see the track appear in the queue in moOde's Playback screen? Does mconnect indicate the track is playing or is it paused/stopped?
No, Nothing

See screenshot

[Image: IMG-2836.png]
(11-04-2021, 04:42 PM)cereyanlimusiki Wrote: @TheOldPresbyope TheOldPresbyope@cereyanlimusiki

Quote:1. Are you running on a moOde player with no changes beyond those needed to enable your DAC and the UPnP renderer? No changes to esoteric audio parameters, right? It's difficult to diagnose problems remotely if the system is not in a known state.

Yes . It's Vanilla installation with only wifi , DAC and Spotify Renderer set up

Quote:I'm unclear what "does not play TIDAL track" means. Do you see the track appear in the queue in moOde's Playback screen? Does mconnect indicate the track is playing or is it paused/stopped?
No, Nothing

See screenshot

[img][Image: IMG-2836.png][/img]
(11-04-2021, 07:22 PM)cereyanlimusiki Wrote:
(11-04-2021, 04:42 PM)cereyanlimusiki Wrote: @TheOldPresbyope TheOldPresbyope@cereyanlimusiki

No, Nothing

See screenshot

[img][Image: IMG-2836.png][/img]
How about the TIDAL settings within the mconnect app? I think it has to be set for HiFi, but I'm going on memory from a trial of TIDAL 3 years ago. Ultimately I settled on Qobuz instead.
@cereyanlimusiki

Ok, so here we go.

1. Enable upmpdcli logging in the /etc/upmpdcli.conf file. 

First make a backup of the file.

Code:
cd /etc
sudo cp upmpdcli.conf upmpdcli.conf.old

You have to be root to edit upmpdcli.conf using your favorite editor. For example, "sudo nano upmpdcli.conf" or "sudo vi upmpdcli.conf"

Near the beginning of this file you'll see the lines

Code:
# Upmpdcli general parameters

# Log file name.
#logfilename = /var/log/moodeupnp.log
# Log level.
#loglevel = 2

Uncomment several of the lines by deleting the leading hash mark (#)  and change the loglevel (possibly level 2 or 3 is sufficient but I find level 4 gives useful diagnostic info even when everything is working properly). The lines will now read

Code:

# Log file name.
logfilename = /var/log/moodeupnp.log
# Log level.
loglevel = 4

Save the file and reboot just for luck.

2. Enable the UPnP renderer if you haven't already done so, direct mconnect to play to it, and start playing a Tidal track.

3. From the command line again, make a copy of the log file.

Code:
cd
cp /var/log/moodeupnp.log .

4. Examine the copy to see if any informative messages jump out at you. Since I have no way of repro'ing your issue I have no idea what these messages might be. If you want you can zip up the file, put in on your favorite file-sharing site, and send me the link by Private Message.

Note: When everything is working the log is quite verbose and continues growing even when a track isn't playing so I don't suggest you try posting it in this forum.

5. Turn off logging

Either re-edit /etc/upmpdcli.conf to comment the two lines or overwrite the file with the backup copy, e.g.,

Code:
cd /etc
sudo cp upmpdcli.conf.old upmpdcli.conf
sudo chown root.audio upmpdcli.conf
cd

Not sure the chown command is essential but it restores the group ownership that the original had.

Regards,
Kent
(11-05-2021, 09:45 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @cereyanlimusiki

Ok, so here we go.

1. Enable upmpdcli logging in the /etc/upmpdcli.conf file. 

First make a backup of the file.

Code:
cd /etc
sudo cp upmpdcli.conf upmpdcli.conf.old

You have to be root to edit upmpdcli.conf using your favorite editor. For example, "sudo nano upmpdcli.conf" or "sudo vi upmpdcli.conf"

Near the beginning of this file you'll see the lines

Code:

# Log file name.
#logfilename = /var/log/moodeupnp.log
# Log level.
#loglevel = 2

Uncomment several of the lines by deleting the leading hash mark (#)  and change the loglevel (possibly level 2 or 3 is sufficient but I find level 4 gives useful diagnostic info even when everything is working properly). The lines will now read

Code:

# Log file name.
logfilename = /var/log/moodeupnp.log
# Log level.
loglevel = 4

Save the file and reboot just for luck.

2. Enable the UPnP renderer if you haven't already done so, direct mconnect to play to it, and start playing a Tidal track.

3. From the command line again, make a copy of the log file.

Code:
cd
cp /var/log/moodeupnp.log .

4. Examine the copy to see if any informative messages jump out at you. Since I have no way of repro'ing your issue I have no idea what these messages might be. If you want you can zip up the file, put in on your favorite file-sharing site, and send me the link by Private Message.

Note: When everything is working the log is quite verbose and continues growing even when a track isn't playing so I don't suggest you try posting it in this forum.

5. Turn off logging

Either re-edit /etc/upmpdcli.conf to comment the two lines or overwrite the file with the backup copy, e.g.,

Code:
cd /etc
sudo cp upmpdcli.conf.old upmpdcli.conf
sudo chown root.audio upmpdcli.conf
cd

Not sure the chown command is essential but it restores the group ownership that the original had.

Regards,
Kent

Thanks for the instructions @TheOldPresbyope. You have a PM
@cereyanlimusiki

I've scanned the 61K-line log file you posted and I don't see any obvious error/warning messages consistent with the symptoms you report.

I decided to try replicating your situation as best I could (I don't have a Tidal account but I do have a Qobuz account.)

-installed a fresh copy of moOde 7.4.1 on an RPi4B
-made sure the moOde UPnP renderer was set to service type UPnP-A/V
-installed mconnect Player Lite on an iPhone SE
-logged mconnect Player Lite into my Qobuz account
-set mconnect Player Lite to play to the moOde UPnP renderer.

Result: I'm listening to the new ABBA album via Qobuz -> mconnect Player Lite -> (UPnP-A/V) -> moOde UPnP Renderer. The track and album cover appear in moOde's playback panel.

Sorry. At this point I have no idea what's causing your issue and I don't know what else to look at. Perhaps someone else with a Tidal account can double-check this but I'm out.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks for the time and efforts @TheOldPresbyope Appreciated