Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: White noise
Exclamation 
- rPi 2B + Kali Reclocker + Piano 2.1
- moode 4.1

all files 24bit only white noise :-(
(MPD settings 16/x and 32/x is OK)

Why? Help, pleas !
(04-10-2018, 12:22 PM)bastlil Wrote: - rPi 2B + Kali Reclocker + Piano 2.1
- moode 4.1

all files 24bit only white noise :-(
(MPD settings 16/x and 32/x is OK)

Why? Help, pleas !

Hi,

Allo has acknowledged that this is an issue with Kali and the new 4.14.y kernel branch.

The workaround is to set MPD SoX resampling to 32 bit / *kHz.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thank you Tim
A has this setting impact on qualities sound?
Works Allo on fix problem?
Thank you behind your excelent work !
:-)
It shouldn't have any effect on sound. SoX won't change any of the original bits, it just zero-pads the bit depth to 32. I have same Kali+Piano 2.1 setup and use the 32 bit SoX setting :-)

I'm not sure what the exact issue is with Kali and 4.14.y. You might want to contact Allo.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
So Allo Kali still has the white noise problem ,without resampling, on latest MoOde 6.4.

Despite contacting Allo numerous times since 4.14. kernel as yet no reply...Sad
----------
bob
(12-11-2019, 05:42 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: So Allo Kali still has the white noise problem ,without resampling, on latest MoOde 6.4.

I have had the same issue (also with Allo Kali / Piano 2.1) with Volumio. If I understood correct it's linked to the kernel, therefore Allo cannot do anything for this but wait until there's a new kernel available. At least that's how it has been with Volumio (with a new Kernel version it was fixed).

However (and most important), I didn't realized any impact on the sound when using re-sampling. So at least this counts for old ears like mine Undecided
(04-10-2018, 04:03 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It shouldn't have any effect on sound. SoX won't change any of the original bits, it just zero-pads the bit depth to 32. I have same Kali+Piano 2.1 setup and use the 32 bit SoX setting :-)

I'm not sure what the exact issue is with Kali and 4.14.y. You might want to contact Allo.

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Did Allo ever fix this issue or is the solution still using the 32 bit setting on SoX?
I'm not sure. Prolly best if you contacted Allo directly.
Enjoy the Music!
(10-26-2021, 09:03 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'm not sure. Prolly best if you contacted Allo directly.

I wrote to them yesterday and didn’t hear back. I’ll post if I get a response from them
(12-11-2019, 05:42 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: So Allo Kali still has the white noise problem ,without resampling, on latest MoOde 6.4.

Quote:@McLaine I have had the same issue (also with Allo Kali / Piano 2.1) with Volumio. If I understood correct it's linked to the kernel, therefore Allo cannot do anything for this but wait until there's a new kernel available. At least that's how it has been with Volumio (with a new Kernel version it was fixed).

Today Linux released the 5.15 Kernel and it is obvious that the Allo Kali is now both unsupported hardware and abandon-ware from Allo.

It still works using zero-padding the bit depth to 32 but does not work for the spec and performance that Allo promoted, advertised, and trumpeted as a 'game-changer"....
----------
bob