Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

iPhone Spotify drops connection to Moode PI
I have a vanilla build of Moode on a PI with the Spotify plugin. The PI is on Wifi.

I was able to connect to the Moode PI from the Spotify app on my iPhone for months, but suddenly, I'm getting the following error --

I connect from the Spotify app to device "Moode."

The Moode appears to be connected, but volume is at zero.

I increase the volume, and the Moode PI is disconnected in Spotify. 

I try to reconnect to the Moode PI, but it just stays stuck at "Connecting."

In the Moode web interface, I sometimes see an option to disconnect the "active" Moode -- Spotify connection.

I've rebooted, cleared caches, updated the Moode. Not sure what to do, next.

Thanks.
Try a fresh moOde image on a different SDCard. If symptoms persist then it would suggest some sort of network issue.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(08-11-2021, 06:26 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Try a fresh moOde image on a different SDCard. If symptoms persist then it would suggest some sort of network issue.

So you're thinking the current install is corrupted.

Is there a way to back up my settings and config?
I have no way of knowing but the symptom you reported (below) would suggest that either something is broken in the image, there is a network issue or some other issue external to moOde software.

"I was able to connect to the Moode PI from the Spotify app on my iPhone for months, but suddenly, I'm getting the following error --"
Enjoy the Music!
I had this weird issue last evening on my RPI4+Allo Boss 2 setup.
I switched from their SMPS to Linear Power supply and the OLED display didn't work. Everything was working fine.
I ran the scripts again to install the package through terminal, but no success.
Finally i clean flashed the Moode Player on Micro SD card and things started to work just fine.
I finally got around to saving screenshots of the config and then doing a fresh install.

Everything is working fine, again. There was some weirdness the first time through, but this build was pretty easy.

I guess the simplest solution worked.

Thanks a bunch,

Chris
(08-11-2021, 03:50 PM)cdmoore1972 Wrote: I have a vanilla build of Moode on a PI with the Spotify plugin. The PI is on Wifi.

I was able to connect to the Moode PI from the Spotify app on my iPhone for months, but suddenly, I'm getting the following error --

I connect from the Spotify app to device "Moode."

The Moode appears to be connected, but volume is at zero.

I increase the volume, and the Moode PI is disconnected in Spotify. 

I try to reconnect to the Moode PI, but it just stays stuck at "Connecting."

In the Moode web interface, I sometimes see an option to disconnect the "active" Moode -- Spotify connection.

I've rebooted, cleared caches, updated the Moode. Not sure what to do, next.

Thanks.

@cdmoore1972
@Tim Curtis

FWIW, I just ran into this too. 

I had been exercising the various renderers on a working moOde player (RPi4B, WiFi, USB-BT transceiver and Sennheiser BT headphones). 

All renderers including Spotify were working but then somehow I found myself experiencing exactly the same symptom: I apparently made a connection from the Spotify app on my iPad to my moOde player but the connection broke as soon as I advanced the volume from zero. Rinse and repeat.

The Airplay and Bluetooth renderers continued to work.

I haven't figured out yet just what I did to cause the breakage but as in @cdmoore1972's case, I found I could regain correct Spotify operation by reinstalling moOde (and enabling only the Spotify renderer for starters).

Regards,
Kent
You night get some clue as to what might be happening by running librespot from cmd line and then checking for errors or other messages when the problem occurs.

Turn on Debug logging in System Config
Restart Spotify renderer
Turn off Debug logging
Look in Moode log to get the librespot command string
Replace the "> /dev/null 2>&1 &" at the end with "-v"
Execute the command string, it should print out verbose logging
Enjoy the Music!
(09-08-2021, 10:08 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You night get some clue as to what might be happening by running librespot from cmd line and then checking for errors or other messages when the problem occurs.

Turn on Debug logging in System Config
Restart Spotify renderer
Turn off Debug logging
Look in Moode log to get the librespot command string
Replace the "> /dev/null 2>&1 &" at the end with "-v"
Execute the command string, it should print out verbose logging

After all the times I've gone digging into playerlib.php this feels like cheating  Tongue

I'm sure I'll be a while at this. 

Regards,
Kent