Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Mounting FRITZ.NAS
Hello, I'm running into an annoying issue with my streamer which I just can't solve. Maybe some of you has an idea?

My Moode Audio 7.3 streamer is connected over lan to my Fritz.Box router. Just like my PC. All my other devices connect to the router over Wi-Fi.
I've set up a USB-drive at the USB port of my router to use it in my network as a samba share through the integrated fritz.box NAS function. (Also setup up a user for the NAS)

Now in windows I am able to mount the drive through the explorer and everything seems to work just fine.
But my NAS just won't mount in Moode. I've already tried the different Samba versions flags as suggested in this post  [1] and also tried to mount with the "noserverino" flag still no success.

Whatever I've tried did not help me to mount the NAS and I'm always getting this error message in the Moode Log

Quote:sourceMount(): Mount error: (mount error(2): No such file or directory
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs))
EDIT:

After all, I've somehow managed to mount the NAS. Flags I used: vers=1.0,ro,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777,noserverino
(09-13-2021, 04:09 PM)Eshatos Wrote: Hello, I'm running into an annoying issue with my streamer which I just can't solve. Maybe some of you has an idea?

My Moode Audio 7.3 streamer is connected over lan to my Fritz.Box router. Just like my PC. All my other devices connect to the router over Wi-Fi.
I've set up a USB-drive at the USB port of my router to use it in my network as a samba share through the integrated fritz.box NAS function. (Also setup up a user for the NAS)

Now in windows I am able to mount the drive through the explorer and everything seems to work just fine.
But my NAS just won't mount in Moode. I've already tried the different Samba versions flags as suggested in this post  [1] and also tried to mount with the "noserverino" flag still no success.

Whatever I've tried did not help me to mount the NAS and I'm always getting this error message in the Moode Log

Quote:sourceMount(): Mount error: (mount error(2): No such file or directory
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs))
EDIT:

After all, I've somehow managed to mount the NAS. Flags I used: vers=1.0,ro,dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777,noserverino

FritzBox'en are essentially unknown here in the USA. I, for one, have no first-hand information about them nor any means of testing to understand what is going on.

By my notes, it was user @AudioServer who first mentioned he needed to use the obscure noserverino option back in August of 2020 when using his FritzBox as a CIFS/SMB server. 

Regards,
Kent