Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

UPNP volume setting
Quote:
Quote:[from DiyAudio thread]  Does UPNP volume link now work? 
By this I mean that when you use Moode as a UPNP renderer and adjust volume externally via UPNP, the volume control displayed in the UI mirrors the adjustment and vice versa? 

Yes, I've implemented this for moOde 4.1 :-) but it has to be enabled via an update to a sql value. It's not a setting in the UI. 

I'd love to try this now having just upgraded to 4.1 - what is the sql setting and how do i change it? 

Thank you!!
Hi,

Give it a try. it may not always match exactly with moOde setting due the way moOde implements its own volume control to maintain perfect sync with other moOde instances.

Code:
Enable UPnP volume sync
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_system SET value='1534' WHERE param='feat_bitmask'"

Disable it
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_system SET value='510' WHERE param='feat_bitmask'"

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-11-2018, 12:40 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
Code:
Enable UPnP volume sync
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_system SET value='1534' WHERE param='feat_bitmask'"

Disable it
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_system SET value='510' WHERE param='feat_bitmask'"

Just tried this and it seems not to have any effect, sadly. Play and pause buttons are sync'd ok (but they worked before anyway).

I'm using the latest (2.9.3) bubbleupnp on android as the control point and moode 4.1 on a pi3b as the renderer, with software volume control.

Anything else I can try?  Confused
Did u reboot after making the sql update?
Enjoy the Music!
(04-11-2018, 02:54 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Did u reboot after making the sql update?

Yup, several times, made no difference...

Do you need any more info?
Hi,

I'm able to repro this and it is due to "coder error" :-0 Bug will be fixed in next update.

If you know some Linux SSH and nano editor then I can post the patch.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Hi Tim

I'm sure you have far more important things to do than devise a patch for this, so happy to wait for the next update!

For anyone else wondering, UPnP volume control works fine, it is simply that moOde does not show the adjusted volume setting on the UI.
(04-11-2018, 12:40 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
Code:
Enable UPnP volume sync

Disable it

Hi Tim

I've just tested this now with 4.2 and can confirm it works as expected, thank you!
I'm grilling burgers tonight :-)

Thanks for confirming. I may add this as a setting on Customize.

If you have applied the in-place r42 update then use the following values.

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_system SET value='1470' WHERE param='feat_bitmask'"
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_system SET value='446' WHERE param='feat_bitmask'"

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(07-21-2018, 08:14 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: If you have applied the in-place r42 update then use the following values.

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_system SET value='1470' WHERE param='feat_bitmask'"
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "UPDATE cfg_system SET value='446' WHERE param='feat_bitmask'"

I may add this as a setting on Customize.

-Tim

Hi Tim

Did you ever add this as either default or as an option on Customise?

I've just upgraded to 5.1 and tried the above settings but probably as expected, don't work.
New settings would be much appreciated!

Thanks!