Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Spotify Renderer
This is really interesting development! Obviously, I'm very interested in it.

Do you know which is the underlying library used on upmpdcli? Basically, what has held me back from using Librespot is the lack of gapless playback.

For me, that has always been a deal breaker. Does this new implementation allow for gapless playback of, for example, live albums?

Thanks for any info and really looking forward to this.

Best regards,
Rafa.
Doesn't look like it according to your last post in librespot repo.
https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot/issues/21

But its on their enhancement list and so in theory they eventually will implement the feature. In the meantime librespot is pretty solid and very simple to integrate and will work well for a lot of users.

If I knew some Rust and the Spotify protocol I'd try to help them out, but thats not my domain of expertise.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-04-2018, 07:49 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It seems messy so I think I'm going to wait for RP to publish an API.

Hi Tim.

Have you thought to ask Bill over at Radio Paradise?

He seems to be really approachable, as can be seen from his reply on the JRiver forum

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.p...c=114494.0

and I know he replies to any enquiries  from the LMS maintainer.

Just a thought Cool 

Ronnie
(09-05-2018, 03:43 PM)Man in a van Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 07:49 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It seems messy so I think I'm going to wait for RP to publish an API.

Hi Tim.

Have you thought to ask Bill over at Radio Paradise?

He seems to be really approachable, as can be seen from his reply on the JRiver forum

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.p...c=114494.0

and I know he replies to any enquiries  from the LMS maintainer.

Just a thought Cool 

Ronnie

Yeah, but...

back in February Bill posted to that thread "We will be publishing details on our API sometime soon, ..."

Hasn't happened yet AFAIK.

Bill gave assistance to marco79cgn in the development of his Javascript radio-paradise FLAC player (https://github.com/marco79cgn/radio-paradise). This code was used in turn to create a Volumio plugin. 

There is an essential aspect of this work which marco79cgn states "might be unreliable over time and is not production ready." In addition, there is the explicit disclaimer "This is a private proof of concept project and no official product of Radio Paradise."

Some weeks ago I traced through marco79cgn's logic and confirmed experimentally the behavior of the current RP API. I imagine it could be added to moOde analogously to the way it was added to Volumio (imagine a "Radio Paradise FLAC" entry in the MUSIC Browse panel; it can't be just another entry in the RADIO panel) but it would require considerable work on Tim's part to create the UI even if someone else does the gluing.

I haven't had time yet to explore how it was added to the lastest upmpdcli.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent

Quote:There is an essential aspect of this work which marco79cgn states "might be unreliable over time and is not production ready." In addition, there is the explicit disclaimer "This is a private proof of concept project and no official product of Radio Paradise."

I know that the web player referred to in your quote is still working, just tested it, to be certain.

https://marco79cgn.github.io/radio-paradise/

I know that he also stopped working on it to do the Volumio plugin (I have never bother to try Volumio, so don't have any opinion about it).
I do know that Bill appears to not worry too much about a a deadline (must be a California thing Rolleyes ). The new Radio Paradise web player was available months after the initial timeline.

My point, and suggestion to Tim, was that he also seems to be a helpful sort of bloke.

Ronnie
To use the flac feed with Radio Paradise you need to fetch some some JSON from Radio Paradise pretending you are an Alexa.

This json has the url for the flac file with the metadata for the tracks in the file. The control point needs to queue the flac files but also keep track of the playing times to then update the display as there is no metadata in the file. Its this management that is the tricky bit and whether you support the next track feature or keep the previously played flac blocks and meta data or just consume like upmpdcli does.

I managed to prove the viability with some python butchery saving the meta data to a file, the dev for UPMPDCLI also used python, in a more professional manner, to do this managing of the playlist metadata and fetching of the next flac file (song block), I think he did for the intellectual challenge after he told me it was too much work for one radio station.
(no I did not share my script with him to spare his eyes and sanity)

To display the metadata including the album artwork could be done by modifying the Webpage to use upnpexplorer to get the current playing metadata from UPMPDCLI like is done for other sources. I have previously butchered the web page to use upnpexlorer all the time which kept the now playing page up to date, but would need a bit more thought about how to work out which is normal radio and which is this special stream.
(09-04-2018, 05:11 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Here's some screenies of the new Spotify feature in moOde 4.3. Testing continues :-)

-Tim

Cool Much better integration than raspotify
Donation sent.
Any ETA on v4.3, other than soon™?

/Regards
It should be released this month :-)

The Test Team is working with an image that i think is pretty close to release-ready.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Will Spotify renderer send music to these DLNA speakers?
Because I still can not find a solution to do this directly from a Raspberry without going through a Smartphone ...
Except with Squeezlite + UPNP plugin that works very badly.
The day you developed the ability to send music to UPNP / DLNA / Airplay speakers directly from MoodeAudio, you are a champion.
For me today it does not exist reliably.
Hello I am new to moode.

I have a question.

I have moode 4.4 and I have spotif premium account.

Is there anyway that moode HW ( rpi ) becomes spotify client rather then my phone ? Is there anyway control spotify from moode UI ?

Thanks