Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Spotify Renderer
Hi,

While waiting for the nice Allo Katana hardware refresh I thought I'd pick a long overdue TODO list item and begin working on it :-)

I compiled librespot earlier today and preliminary test results indicate the "100% volume at initial connect" issue has been addressed and basic start/stop/change events are exposed. This means that it should be possible to add it to the list of audio renderers available with moOde :-)

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-03-2018, 10:45 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

While waiting for the nice Allo Katana hardware refresh I thought I'd pick a long overdue TODO list item and begin working on it :-)

I compiled librespot earlier today and preliminary test results indicate the "100% volume at initial connect" issue has been addressed and basic start/stop/change events are exposed. This means that it should be possible to add it to the list of audio renderers available with moOde :-)

-Tim

Great news. A very popular addition to moode I suspect. Moode is looking strong with features nowadays.

Maybe I'll even sign up to spotify! Shocking that a huge company like spotify don't see the value in supporting linux properly. Surely the more usable your product the better!?!
(09-03-2018, 10:45 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

-Tim

Hi, Tim.

Just noticed this announcement on the upmpdcli site

Quote:News

2018-09-01

upmpdcli 1.3.0 is available and brings Spotify support among other improvements. See the release notes
JFD is really busting it out :-)

Any other niceties in 1.3.0?
Enjoy the Music!
Hi,

Here's some screenies of the new Spotify feature in moOde 4.3. Testing continues :-)

-Tim

Enjoy the Music!
(09-04-2018, 05:11 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Here's some screenies of the new Spotify feature in moOde 4.3. Testing continues :-)

-Tim

Excellent!

Here's the upmpdcli release notes. The Spotify and Radio Paradise features are probably the most important from a user perspective [1]. Maybe we can mix and match?
  • Support Spotify, through a new Media Server module. This needs a premium Spotify account. The setup is slightly more complicated than for the other services, see the upmpdcli manual
  • Support the OpenHome Credentials service. This allows accessing Qobuz and Tidal from Kazoo, using their internal service directory browser (instead of going through the upmpdcli media server). This allows managing favourites and other specific service functions. In theory, this should work with Lumin too, but it does not, and the presence of this feature prevents the renderer from being detected by Lumin at all, so that a lumincompat was added to the configuration to allow using upmpdcli with Lumin (with the Credentials support disabled).
  • Support Radio Paradise FLAC channel. This is special for a radio because it uses a sequence of audio URLs instead of a single stream. Have a look at the distributed upmpdcli.conf file for the radio definition to use (add it to your /etc/upmpdcli.conf which is not automatically updated during an upgrade). The appropriate script is now installed to /usr/share/upmpdcli/radio_scripts (along with a small number of art and metadata scripts for other stations).
  • Port all Python code to Python3 (while retaining Python2 compatibility). All Media Server plugins are run by Python3 by default.
  • Improve function with Google Play Music. Esp. fix bugs in playlist handling.
  • Add proxy mode to the Media Server. This may improve function in case the service is a bit flaky by providing retries. The default is still to redirect mpd to the actual music stream, except for Spotify (which needs local decoding).
Regards,
Kent

[1] I'm not into Linn Kazoo and Lumin. Maybe if I were the second bullet would be important too.
(09-04-2018, 05:11 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

-Tim

Tim,

Wow, nice!! 

Will the Spotify album art displayed in HUD? Like Rafa's implementation? 

(...preparing 3rd paypal donation Big Grin  )

- ferdzb
I'm not planning to mess with Album art or metadata because (a) its already displayed on the Spotify client and (b) it complicates the feature tremendously :-0

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(09-04-2018, 05:41 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
  • Support Radio Paradise FLAC channel. This is special for a radio because it uses a sequence of audio URLs instead of a single stream. Have a look at the distributed upmpdcli.conf file for the radio definition to use (add it to your /etc/upmpdcli.conf which is not automatically updated during an upgrade). The appropriate script is now installed to /usr/share/upmpdcli/radio_scripts (along with a small number of art and metadata scripts for other stations).

This would be super cool if possible to add to Moode 4.3.
It seems messy so I think I'm going to wait for RP to publish an API.
Enjoy the Music!