Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

MPD error - Fail to decode - no such file or directory
Based on reports over the years there appear to be a lot of collections in the 50K range that seem to work fine. I think if you have 100's of thousands of tracks then there could be resource or other issues.

No testing is done with gigantic collections because moOde is not really designed for them to begin with. It's designed for smaller, curated collections where the metadata and cover art is solid to allow the feature rich Tag and Album views to be fully utilized among other things.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
OK so I have imaged the sd card with the latest version of Moode and having some problems in setup. I imaged with Balena etcher and put the sd card in the pi. Bootup worked and used my browser to navigate to the configure settings (just following the setup guide on github).

I am using ethernet cable so figured no need to do any network settings?

I move onto the audio device setup stage and can no longer select 'none' in the I2S device part? Assume this is an update in the newest version? Left the two boxes below set to none as I am using USB output to the dac in my minidsp shd. Left it set to hardware. Then go to cycle a restart as the setup guide shows and things just freeze up. I don't get the normal disconnect and then refresh browser to go back into moode. I just get the browser spinning wheel and the raspberry pi doesn't seem to restart at all. I can see the home page and can click configuration settings but cannot get into anything further. Its like the pi has locked up.

I have reimaged the card three times (with the necessary formatting inbetween) and it hangs every time. I have tried with the USB drives not connected (thinking it might be updating the library automatically) and the problem was the same.

Any ideas what might be causing these issues?
The old version of moode seemed more stable and responsive. It also didn't freeze like the new version is. Are older versions of Moode available to download? I think I might need to go back to the previous version.
Also is there an updated setup guide for the newest version? There does seem to be some differences in setup options that are not covered with the guide.

Thanks for your time.
(02-18-2024, 12:13 AM)mikeburnsnz Wrote: OK so I have imaged the sd card with the latest version of Moode and having some problems in setup. I imaged with Balena etcher and put the sd card in the pi.

Read the setup guide.
There are mandatory steps to follow (due to security changes by the Raspberry team) that cannot be carried out with Balena Etcher BTW, so download and use the Raspberry Imager (there's a link to it in the moOde's download page too).
(02-18-2024, 12:39 AM)Nutul Wrote:
(02-18-2024, 12:13 AM)mikeburnsnz Wrote: OK so I have imaged the sd card with the latest version of Moode and having some problems in setup. I imaged with Balena etcher and put the sd card in the pi.

Read the setup guide.
There are mandatory steps to follow (due to security changes by the Raspberry team) that cannot be carried out with Balena Etcher BTW, so download and use the Raspberry Imager (there's a link to it in the moOde's download page too).

Thanks very much! Looks like I completely didn't understand the first step. Downloading it now.
Ok. Thanks so much for everyone's help! I got it working finally and can see all my albums that were missing. I have also solved the error that initially started this whole rollercoaster.

For anyone wondering if they have the same error it is worth going with a fresh install (and follow the instructions that say you have to use the raspberry pi image loader instead of other programs like Balena Etcher). I now have 2.6TB of flac files across two 2TB SSD's working perfectly. The new Moode is really responsive as well and copes with this vast (but highly curated lol) music collection.

Back to the tunes!
Before reinstall, I suggest that you repair/reformat the usb key with music and than update library. It is doing the work for me.

Personal setup: Pi3 Model B and Hifiberry DAC+ PRO