Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide LCD/OLED display using pydPiper
(02-12-2019, 06:55 PM)flega Wrote: And after almost a week with fully working OLED display, today after a restart - blank display  Confused
Tried to start pydpiper manualy but:
Quote:A dependency job for pydpiper.service failed. See 'journalctl -xe' for details.

Something gone wrong with Docker, don't know can I just de-install it and install it again or mount a new image on SD card  Confused

You can uninstall and reinstall the docker. Post #53 in this thread for how to uninstall the docker. 
Remy
After a few hours of uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting...it is impossible to install Docker again. Will try to mount the image and do install Pydpiper from start for the 4th time  Angry
(02-20-2019, 03:34 PM)liv_s Wrote: Just a simple question, is it possible to have a driver for OLED with i2c?
A combination between lcd i2c and winstar drivers maybe?

Hi. I want to help but I am not sure I understand your question. May be you can reformulate?
Small displays can use LCD or OLED technology.
OLED is a more modern technology. It has much better contrast and use less power. 
LCD and OLED displays can connect to your RPi using parallel interface (16 wires), i2c interface (4 wires), SPI interface (6-7 wires).
On this forum you can find tutorials for using parallel, i2c and SPI interface. 
Remy
(02-22-2019, 08:53 PM)liv_s Wrote: Hi remy,
I was not clear, my question is if it is possible to have a driver for oled with i2c.
Maybe I am wrong, but in pydPiper the driver for oled (winstar-ws0010) is for parallel interface.

The answer is in the first post of this thread and in the pydpiper web site.
(02-28-2019, 02:32 PM)longeach Wrote: hi,remy1961.
The 2.42-inch OLED in your picture above is the control chip of ssd1309, right? Can you also use the ssd1306 in the tutorial to drive it?

Hi. Yes mine is 1309. it will work with 1306 because in the pydpiper website dhrone says pydpiper is "Compatible with SSD1306 style displays (I2C only)". Not SPI.

Remy
Hi, I bought an OLED display 2.42 "SPI / I2C

128x64 can it be connected?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-06-2019, 06:01 AM)nowy1 Wrote: Hi, I bought an OLED display 2.42 "SPI / I2C

128x64 can it be connected?
Hi,

It can be connected using SPI interface (default) or i2c if you can do some soldering as indicated on the board.
If you use it with SPI interface, you can follow this tutorial by Rikardo. If you use the i2c interface, you can use this tutorial instead.

Remy
And you can write which pins connect to the raspberry?

i2c
(03-06-2019, 11:51 AM)nowy1 Wrote: And you can write which pins connect to the raspberry?

i2c

Display .            RPi

SDA--------------- PIN 3
SCL---------------- PIN 5
VCC--------------- PIN 2 or 4
GND--------------- any ground PIN

Remy
(03-06-2019, 08:48 PM)remy1961 Wrote:
(03-06-2019, 11:51 AM)nowy1 Wrote: And you can write which pins connect to the raspberry?

i2c

Display .            RPi

SDA--------------- PIN 3
SCL---------------- PIN 5
VCC--------------- PIN 2 or 4
GND--------------- any ground PIN

Remy

they still do not work Sad he gets this message

pi@moode:~/pydPiper/pydPiper $ sudo /usr/bin/docker run --network=host --privileged -ti -v /var/log:/var/log:rw -v /home/pi/pydPiper:/app:rw dhrone/pydpiper:v0.31-alpha /bin/bash
root@moode:/app# python pydPiper.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "pydPiper.py", line 23, in <module>
    class music_controller(threading.Thread):
  File "pydPiper.py", line 68, in music_controller
    'localtime':moment.utcnow().timezone(pydPiper_config.TIMEZONE),
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/moment/core.py", line 81, in timezone
    date = times.to_local(date, zone)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/times/__init__.py", line 61, in to_local
    'First argument to to_local() should be a universal time.'
ValueError: First argument to to_local() should be a universal time.
root@moode:/app# packet_write_wait: Connection to 192.168.0.242 port 22: Broken pipe