Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide Raspberry Pi power Supply
For those who want to use the RPI with a HAT and not use the Ethernet or USB you can kill the power to both USB/Ethernet with this command.

Disable 
sudo sh -c 'echo 0x0 > /sys/devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/buspower'

Enable 
sudo sh -c 'echo 0x1 > /sys/devices/platform/soc/3f980000.usb/buspower'

Put it in a script and have it auto-magically kill the power with each boot.

#!/bin/bash

sleep 25 #<----adjust the sleep time to your preference

[command here]
(04-20-2019, 07:44 PM)Tenbagger Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 05:28 PM)energyi Wrote: Can someone please help me understand why a battery isn't a better option especially for the low cost? Seems to me that a battery will add absolutely no noise. Thanks.

Energyi

I regularly run moOde on Raspberry Pi 3 B+ headless from battery pack (2.4 A) with headphones, and just as often from the official switching PSU with headphones. In my experience the sound is noticeably more lively when connected to mains, and hands down better. (It makes me wonder if a battery is quick enough for changes in power demand from the DAC, but I am just a lay man...)

I have ordered a linear PSU, hoping to experience, again, noticeably better sound.
Linear PSU received. The last few hours have been... Bliss!

Better sound; warmer, more oomph, seemingly more truthful details. 

For anyone interested: I have not done any soldering (not trying to power the analog part separately). The PSU is 5.15V at 3A: http://www.tomanek.net.pl/tomanek-ulps-m...2-pi3.html
(04-21-2019, 08:39 AM)Malefoda Wrote: (...) DIYAudio there will be a GB run by Tea-Bag for member Salas's new wonder, a nice linear supply. (...)
I plan to use it for my RPi & Allo DigiOne (...).
https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/power-su...apter.html

I've pulled the trigger for the L-Adapter. Easy to build, high current peaks, fine voltage adjustment, relative low power wasted in heat. (here with a Pi)
And if you supply your Pi via the GPIO header (hence bypassing the Pi supply protection): "Turn on time to 5V output: 200mSec, Turn on voltage peaking: None". Quite safe.

If one want other alternatives, to be fair with other gifted designers out there, have a look at:
DIY options:
Glassware LV Regulator 5V/2A, if no accessories on your Pi and just maybe a DAC hat should be enough current,
better:
AMB Labs σ11 adjustable and top specs, maybe more work and adjustments required,
if money is no object, a jewel:
Teddy Pardo Teddy5/3