Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: UPNP renderer name not working
Hello, great solution, thank you.

FYI, with release v4.2, the ability to change the name of the UPNP renderer that appears on a UPNP control point does not seem to be working.  I can change the name, the GUI reports the name has been updated but when I use (say) Linn Kazoo, it still shows the default renderer name (Moode UPNP if I remember - at work right now!).

Many thanks.
Look in /etc/upmpdcli.conf for the items below and also dump the sql value. They should match.

friendlyname = Moode UPNP
ohproductroom = Moode UPNP

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "select id,param,value from cfg_system where param='upnpname'"
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-10-2018, 01:57 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Look in /etc/upmpdcli.conf for the items below and also dump the sql value. They should match.

friendlyname = Moode UPNP
ohproductroom = Moode UPNP

Code:
sqlite3 /var/local/www/db/moode-sqlite3.db "select id,param,value from cfg_system where param='upnpname'"
Thank you Tim, I will have a look this evening and get back to you.
(09-10-2018, 12:57 PM)SoundAdikt Wrote: Hello, great solution, thank you.

FYI, with release v4.2, the ability to change the name of the UPNP renderer that appears on a UPNP control point does not seem to be working.  I can change the name, the GUI reports the name has been updated but when I use (say) Linn Kazoo, it still shows the default renderer name (Moode UPNP if I remember - at work right now!).

Many thanks.

FYI, this has not been my experience. 

Just at the moment, I have three moOde players on my LAN, one is vanilla r4.2 for listening and two are variants for testing. Each has its own set of user-defined names: host, browser, UPnP client, DLNA server and all the renderers.

I've changed names both by using the moodecfg.txt file at first boot and by using the moOde configuration panels once moOde is running.

It all works a treat here.

I have been using BubbleUPnP on Android devices but recently installed Linn Kazoo on a new iPad. Both display all my moOde players' services by their unique names.

Good luck!

Regards,
Kent
Hi,

I can confirm it was an issue for me

moodecfg.txt usage is not mandatory and i was not aware of that feature.
I handle to reset all my devices with different upnp names with that method.

Thanks for talking about it

I have build several moode audio player. The advanced use case i look for is full raspbian desktop with REW and moode audio.
The objective is to set a standalone system with room correction capabilities.
- REW to setup filters.
- Moode Audio and Parametric Equalizer for rendering.
- with or without display connected (official 7' display or VNC)
I'm almost done in that direction.
Moode receipes was helpful for me.

One thing about moodecfg.txt, it fix settings even if they are not in the file.
So it's better to set all suggested settings in file.

Best regards
Stephane
Please read the Setup guide regarding use of moodecfg.txt.
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...90#pid5490

It's only guaranteed to work on a fresh image that has never been booted.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub