Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

OSA Electronics DacBerry pro
A looong while ago I did something I've never done before... I funded a kickstarter campaign for the OSA electronics DACBerry pro :-

http://www.osaelectronics.com/product/dacberry

Fully HAT compliant Raspberry Pi expansion board with EEPROM support.
  • TI Burr Brown 32-bit/384kHz DAC(PCM5242)

• Integrated hardware volume control

• Built in 3W Hi-Fi Headphone Amplifier(TPA6120A2)

• Class leading audio; 114db SNR, and -94db THD

• 6.35mm Audio Jack

• 4 to 600 Ohm Studio Headphones

• +/-15V Integrated Voltage Regulator

• Isolated Digital and Analog Circuits

• Quad Low-Noise Integrated Power Supplies

• SDB 1.0 Connector

• Raspberry Pi powered, no external power requirements

• Industry standard audio quality Phono/RCA connectors

• Built-in header to deliver Balanced output to XLR or similar

• Built-in mini DSP

• Fully built and tested Raspberry Pi accessory

• Designed and assembled in the beautiful Barcelona, Spain.
Installation was a breeze, plugged in, turned it on. (I got an unreasonable amount of satisfaction from plugging in the full size headphone plug... ) No sound as expected. But then it was just a matter selecting the IQaudio Dac pro (it has the same Dac chip) and restarting MPD, I got sound right away.

The sound seems very good to me, an upgrade from my IQaudio Dac+. Generally the sound seems more effortless, music is more resolved and less confused. I haven't had the chance to listen to it other than on my commute to work; which is a noisy bus journey, so its hard to really get into critical listening.

But already its doing what a proper HiFi upgrade should do, which is give you a new music collection as you hear things you never heard before, even in well known tracks. And question whether further upgrade could take you a level higher; in my case changing my AKG K550 (v1) to something a bit less fatiguing. The treble is exciting, but can be a bit much. Even on my previous dac, I put 4 band parametric Eq to lift the bass and take a couple of Db off the treble.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Looks interesting, any info on the built in mini DSP?
(09-11-2018, 08:44 AM)kit1cat Wrote: Looks interesting, any info on the built in mini DSP?

As far  as I'm aware, theres no Linux support at all. In fact the only software I can find seems to be for a development board and runs under Windows. 
http://www.ti.com/tool/PCM5242RHBEVM