Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Moode 4.2 + Kali reclocker I2S out click/pop when track starts
I have a click/pop every time I press play after stop/pause. It seems when the mpd starts I hear this pop. When it's playing then everything (even previos/next) is fine with no pops/clicks, native DSD plays fine also. I use Moode 4.2 with rPi3 -> Allo Kali reclocker -> I2S HDMI LVDS board -> PS Audio DAC. With Allo DigiOne over coax everything was perfect. Volume control is disabled and as a output audio device I use: "Generic-2 (rpi-dac)" is this the right one? Is this software or hardware issue?

The symptom suggests a hardware or possibly an EMI issue.

What does the manufacturer of the I2S HDMI LVDS board specify for I2S driver?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
This is no name board, absolutely no info. Audiophonics sells it with their streamer thats why I thougt it would be compatible.

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/diy-inter...12506.html

I'll try to contact Audiophonics about the hardware problem.
(09-12-2018, 05:46 PM)SAV Audiophonics sav@audiophonics.fr Wrote: Hello,

This products is compatible
Can you test another solution software : picore player or diet pi, i thinks it's a software problem

I'm waiting your answer
Best regards
Cordialement.

Maze Grégroy
sav@audiophonics.fr
http://www.audiophonics.fr

What a wonderful world! I'll try these other players and that should sort it out I think...
Audiophonics sent a replacement unit Audio-GD HDMI LVDS and now everything works great! They confirmed to me it was a hardware problem.
Glad to hear its been resolved :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I have now used it (pi3 -> kali -> audio-GD I2S HDMI LVDS out) little bit more and sometimes I still hear a pop when song starts or stops after clicking play/pause, never between songs or during. I think it may be caused by rPi's I2S signal, it seems to be stopped when mpd stops and started when mpd starts. Makes sense?

So I put Kali+Audio-GD I2S HDMI LVDS on top of Allo Sparky running Volumio and no pops, complete silence like it should be.

Did some critical listening too and I can't hear any change in SQ.