Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Volume is abnormal in Moode 4.x
I just ran a quick test with Allo Boss on a 3B+ and my various bitrate tracks play perfectly. The PCM files are all FLAC format. The DSD file is DSF format.

16/44.1
24/88.2
24/176.4
24/352.8
24/48
24/96
24/192
DSD64 decoded to PCM 24/352.8

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I burned a SD with ISO 4.3 and it work fine!

Previously, I did the update for moode 4.2...

thanks Tim!
Glad to hear that :-)
Enjoy the Music!
For me it's no use burning the ISO imageSad
Are you able to try another DAC to rule out a hardware or compatibility issue?
Enjoy the Music!
(10-02-2018, 01:30 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Are you able to try another DAC to rule out a hardware or compatibility issue?

I think it's a compatibility issue,but I can't figure out whether the ALSA driver or the DAC is not good.

Other DACs->PC or mobile phone or Raspberry 3B,everything is fine,no volume issue or Hi-res file issue.

This DAC->PC or mobile phone,everything is fine,no volume issue or Hi-res file issue.

This DAC->Raspberry 3B,moodeaudio 3.8.4,Hi-res file issue.

This DAC->Raspberry 3B,moodeaudio 4.x,volume issue and Hi-res file issue.
The DAC vendor has found the reason.The USB interface asic use a SOF count mechanism instead of buf point offset.SOF has poor compatibility with Linux.I don't know details about this but wonder if moode can make some change to adapt to this.
Hi,

There isn't anything I can do in moOde software. The DAC vendor is responsible for making sure their product works with Linux.

Btw, what DAC is this?
Can you provide a product link?

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Hi Tim,

It's musiland Monitor 09 PLUS.