Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: upnp Gmusic fixes...
Hi there,

There are several issues with the version of the gmusic upnp plugin that is included with Moode 4.2.
  • playlists don't work with gmusic tracks
  • gmusic songs from search results won't play properly
  • a valid device id must be used (MAC address no longer supported)

All of these are fixed in the latest version of the plugin (I debugged and fixed the first two, then noticed they were already fixed in latest -- pays to check first).  Only one file needs to be updated (session.py).  The original author has the updated code here: https://opensourceprojects.eu/p/upmpdcli...session.py

The new version of session.py file can be copied to the following location: /usr/share/upmpdcli/cdplugins/gmusic/ and things work great.

Of course, it would be great if this could be included in the next version of moode.

-Sharkus
Hi,

GMusic is not installed automatically by the Builder due to some past reliability issues in accessing the repo (sudo pip install gmusicapi).

I wasn't planning to include it in the upcoming moOde 4.3 ISO image but I'll have another look especially if there are more requests for it.

-TIm
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi Tim.

I thought I would mention that the fixes I described are part of the upnp library, not gmusicapi.

It's also interesting that you mention problems installing gmusicapi.  When I initially did the gmusicapi install (using apt-get) it failed due to a python compile error.  The error didn't make any sense, so I reran apt-get install and it worked perfectly the second time.  Obviously, this sort of thing doesn't lend itself to the auto build script.

Thanks for Moode.  It's sweet!

-Sharkus
Oh ok, part of upmpdcli. I should be able to add it to the Build and ISO
Enjoy the Music!
Just an FYI that I've added the updated session..py file to upcoming moOde 4.3

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(09-26-2018, 11:05 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Just an FYI that I've added the updated session..py file to upcoming moOde 4.3

-Tim

Sweet. Thanks! 

A few days ago I made a couple modifications to improve performance which were accepted by the original author and are now on the master branch of session.py...
If there is an updated version then please post a link because I'm getting ready to release moOde 4.3 and the windows is closing for slipping in any changes.
Enjoy the Music!
(09-28-2018, 06:07 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: If there is an updated version then please post a link because I'm getting ready to release moOde 4.3 and the windows is closing for slipping in any changes.

Hi Tim,

here's the link to the latest version of the file.

https://opensourceprojects.eu/p/upmpdcli...session.py

Thanks again,
Sharkus
Ok, thanks. I'll include this in upcoming in-place update for 4.3

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!