Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

hifiberry digi+ digital interpolation filter
Yesterday I substituted a Hifiberry Dac+ for the Digi+.  I'm using an SMSL AD18 amp, which has an SPDIF input.  When I went back to the line input the SQ improved.  Since the problem was "birdies" with the SPDIF input I'm wondering if it's digital artifacts.  That means at least 2 potential sources, the Hifiberry board or the DAC in the amp. When I feel ambitious I'll try hooking up the Hifiberry Digi+ setup to my living room receiver to see what it's like.  I liked the convenience of using the SPDIF input because it freed up the only line input.  I guess one solution is spending more money.   Big Grin

BTW, I tried Volumio and Rune (forgive me) with the Digi+.  Volumio sounded marginally better and Rune about the same.  This makes me think that if software is a problem it's not the main one.  Using the board with the line out is a significant improvement over any of the SPDIF setups.  I do prefer MOODE over the other two.  It offers a lot more flexibility and a superior UI.  I'm enough of a command line person so that the setup for a new rev doesn't bother me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: hifiberry digi+ digital interpolation filter - by nosferatu_cat - 10-06-2018, 04:46 PM