Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Windows LAN probs
I have a Windows 10 file server. Moode on RPi connected wireless through router on LAN.  Internet radio solid and never a problem. Local USB thunb drives on RPi solid and never a problem. Can play files for literally hours from W10 server without problems, then suddenly severe stuttering. Some days can't play files on server at all without sever stuttering. Increased buffer - problem persists. High res files tend to be worse than 16/44.1 . Router problem or server problem? How can I determine? Do I need to have a Linux server? New router?
Solved I think setting samba to version 3.0
Dropouts again. Then tried to copy files from server to RPi attached USB thumb drive and get "an unexpected network error 0x8007003B"
(09-29-2018, 09:47 PM)hifinet Wrote: I have a Windows 10 file server. Moode on RPi connected wireless through router on LAN.  Internet radio solid and never a problem. Local USB thunb drives on RPi solid and never a problem. Can play files for literally hours from W10 server without problems, then suddenly severe stuttering. Some days can't play files on server at all without sever stuttering. Increased buffer - problem persists. High res files tend to be worse than 16/44.1 . Router problem or server problem? How can I determine? Do I need to have a Linux server? New router?

The symptom 

"Can play files for literally hours from W10 server without problems, then suddenly severe stuttering. Some days can't play files on server at all without sever stuttering."

suggests something external to moOde software or Samba settings.

One way to try and isolate the problem is to run a 30 sec ping test from the Pi to your Windows server when the issue occurs and then examine the ping stats for anything unusual like excessive retries, high number of dropped packets, etc.

You can also dump network stats by running the commands below on the Pi

ifconfig
iwconfig

or you can open the moOde Network config screen and note the quality and signal level.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(09-29-2018, 10:57 PM)hifinet Wrote: Dropouts again. Then tried to copy files from server to RPi attached USB thumb drive and get "an unexpected network error 0x8007003B"

@hifinet

A quick search on Google turned up a number of hits on this error message totally unrelated to moOde. Most of them have user responses which look to be guesswork. 

This one site seems reasonably well informed https://windowsreport.com/network-error-0x8007003b-fix/ but still is just a laundry list of suggestions.

Good luck.

Regards,
Kent
(09-29-2018, 09:47 PM)hifinet Wrote: I have a Windows 10 file server. Moode on RPi connected wireless through router on LAN.  Internet radio solid and never a problem. Local USB thunb drives on RPi solid and never a problem. Can play files for literally hours from W10 server without problems, then suddenly severe stuttering. Some days can't play files on server at all without sever stuttering. Increased buffer - problem persists. High res files tend to be worse than 16/44.1 . Router problem or server problem? How can I determine? Do I need to have a Linux server? New router?

The Windows 10 networking subsystem is a hot mess, so I suspect that may be where your problem lies. I've had all kinds of trouble with it on a laptop that dual boots Windows and Linux, and never have any problems in Linux; the internet seems to have plenty of other people with similar issues. One suggestion I've seen - and I should say it hasn't worked entirely for my issues, but does appear to work for some people - is to manually configure the network interface, avoid DHCP, turn off all auto-discovery and power saving features.