Thank you for your donation!

sound quality in release 4.3
I feel that 4.3 version sounds (much) better than 4.2, especially in the bass, which is much spacious an large, but not only.
Very impressive.

new kernel effect ?
musical regards

y.
I concur, 4.3 is better sounding than 4.2. The SQ is more organic and natural. The Bass is better and so is the resolution.
While I'm glad to hear that, I am puzzled by this posts!

Tim, can you confirm what may have changed to actually make the sound 'more organic'?

I have this feeling that all this SQ posts just get ignored because: "hey, as long as someone says it sounds better, I won't interfere with that perception".

Thank you,
Rafa.
Not really. Perhaps the Linux, ALSA or MPD dev's made some changes that resulted in improved SQ :-) I have no way of knowing because I don't monitor or participate in their dev chats. I do however check the Linux kernel, Raspbian Linux and MPD Git repos on a regular basis so I'm aware of new versions or serious bugs.

-Tim
My immediate impression, before seeing the first two posts above, was that the bass is better in 4.3. The sound is more spacious and resolved too, as noted above. I think the improvement is real.
Dear audiophiles, would it be possible to mention your age right before you start discussing sound quality? Also if you're male or female is important.
I'm not messing around with you guys, I just want to know why some people hear differences while others don't.

My research team thanks you!

Johan
 Angry
Big Grin 
(10-01-2018, 11:09 PM)JST1963 Wrote: <<....................
I'm not messing around with you guys, ...........
>>

Surely not...!

<< My research team thanks you!

Johan
>>

My legal team are taking notes... Angel
(10-01-2018, 11:09 PM)JST1963 Wrote: ...I just want to know why some people hear differences while others don't...

why ?

and a presentation of the listening system seems (to me) more relevant.
Hi,

I think this thread should be in the Sound Quality forum rather than here in Feedback. I'll move it later this morning.
(10-02-2018, 11:01 AM)yannig Wrote:
(10-01-2018, 11:09 PM)JST1963 Wrote: ...I just want to know why some people hear differences while others don't...

why ?

Medical research... Huh
 Angry