Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Single Artist Album sorted as Various Artists in Album Cover view panel
(03-22-2020, 03:54 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I don't have a r642 build running but ism't there a sort by Albums option in Library Config, EDIT library options?

Thanks Tim, but the problem is still there even with the sorting by Album.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Could it be another case of multiple tag formats being contained within the audio files?

If so, possible explanation/solution here:
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...0#pid12960
Pi-4B[1GB] with Allo DigiOne SPDIF

'This is the time. And this is the record of the time.'
@Lttlwing16 An album with tracks tagged with different artist names is a compilation album. You'll need to either populate the Artist tag with the same name or populate the AlbumArtist tag with a Compilation identifier string for example "Various Artists". THere's an option for setting the string in Library options.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-22-2020, 03:38 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: @Lttlwing16 An album with tracks tagged with different artist names is a compilation album. You'll need to either populate the Artist tag with the same name or populate the AlbumArtist tag with a Compilation identifier string for example "Various Artists". THere's an option for setting the string in Library options.

Thanks Tim, in other words, I would need to go through each file in my library and remove the "featuring Jon Doe" off each file which contains it in the properties of each file? OR changing the artist to Various Artists within the the properties of each file in an album, or just the album directory?

Thanks in advance, and sorry to beat a dead horse if this has been addressed! I read around a few forum posts before posting but couldn't get a clear answer on if moode could combine or if I needed to groom the library.
No not the file or directory names but rather the metadata tags in the files belonging to the affected albums You do this with a tag editor.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-22-2020, 05:03 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: No not the file or directory names but rather the metadata tags in the files belonging to the affected albums You do this with a tag editor.

Thanks again, with Kid3 I was able to correct the artist information in about 5 minutes, albeit I have a small 75 album library. I use Audex to rip my CD's I wonder if I have any control of the import data when it retrieves it from CDDB when it rips, then I don't have to edit manually. Anyway, thanks for your help!