Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

New Spotify renderer on 4.3..
Hi,
I've installed 10 minutes ago Moode 4.3. All it works very good, update procedure quicker then old ones.
I'm trying to see how to manage the new Spotify renderer. I set the renderer name, turn it on and reboot Moode. 
From my smartphone  then I run Spotify (the free version), but I don't see "Spotify Moode" in the list of the rendering devices.
Is there something that I missed?

thanks!
Andrea

P.S. I always use Tidal with Moode, I'd use Spotify only if some artists are still not available on Tidal.
Hi Andrea
What you missed is that Spotify Connect only works with a Premium Subscription.

John
Also, no need to reboot after turning on/off the audio renderers.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Oh! Ok, it's what I supposed to be.... anyway, it was only to test it, I'll continue to use Tidal. Maybe this could be added to Release Notes (AFAIK is not written there).
Thanks!
Hi,

I have a premium account and spotify connect works, but there is no cover renderer and we only get : Spotify Active in the middle of the screen. Is that normal or I missed something?
Thank you
Hi moOde fans,
 :@
(10-02-2018, 09:45 PM)niiico Wrote: Hi,

I have a premium account and spotify connect works, but there is no cover renderer and we only get : Spotify Active in the middle of the screen. Is that normal or I missed something?
Thank you

Hi,

As @JST1963 mentioned, there is no Spotify metadata or cover art displayed in the moOde UI. This is same for all the audio renderers including Bluetooth, Airplay, Spotify and Squeezelite. 

The approach with moOde is to provide a consistent and reliable renderer implementation that focuses on reliable audio and thus we have chosen to simply display a "Renderer Active" indicator. Remember that Bluetooth and Squeezelite don't provide any interface for metadata or covers, and while Airplay and Spotify provide a mechanism they are completely different from one another and not reliable IME. 

Anyway, all the metadata and cover art is already on the client App thats using Spotify Connect, Airplay, Bluetooth or Squeezelite.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Fine. It's ok for me.
Thank you for the explaination