Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

create playlist that resides in directory where files reside
My music files are on an NAS.  I've noticed that m3u and cue playing lists that already existed prior to my moving files to the NAS play just fine in Moode.  I figured out how to create playlists in 4.2 and discovered that they live on the SD card where the OS lives.  I've been trying to create a playlist that has all the songs by a single artist from a 3 CD compilation.  I created a Moode playlist without any trouble.  I tried using playlist creating software on my desktop machine to make one to place in the root directory of the compilation.  The root contains 3 subdirectories--CD!, CD2, and CD3.  My first effort failed.  I noticed that the slashes were PC flavor so I changed them to UNIX.  I tried changing the path of the files to /CD#/filename.  That didn't work either.  I've noticed that the existing playlists that do work don't span directories.  They live in the directory where the files are and don't include path information.  Is there a way I can create a playlist that spans directories that lives in a higher level directory?   I can envision circumstances where I want something reusable that includes several hours of music from disparate sources.  I'm OK with the Moode playlist unless I create a lot of them.   More than one screen would be inconvenient.  Here's a short example that doesn't work.  The playlist exists in the directory that contains the directories referenced in the playlist.  :  

/CD1/06. Baby Boy Warren - My Special Friend Blues.mp3
/CD1/07. Baby Boy Warren - Nervy Woman Blues.mp3
/CD1/19. Baby Boy Warren - Lonesome Cabin Blues.mp3
/CD1/20. Baby Boy Warren - Don't Want No Skinny Woman.mp3
/CD1/26. Baby Boy Warren - Taxi Driver Blues.mp3
/CD1/27. Baby Boy Warren - Bad Lover Blues.mp3
/CD2/07. Baby Boy Warren - Forgive Me Darling.mp3
/CD2/08. Baby Boy Warren - Please Don't Think I'm Nosey.mp3
/CD2/15. Baby Boy Warren - I Got Lucky.mp3
/CD2/16. Baby Boy Warren - Let's Renew Our Love.mp3
/CD2/24. Baby Boy Warren - Mattie Mae.mp3
/CD2/25. Baby Boy Warren - Santa Fe.mp3
/CD3/01. Baby Boy Warren - Somebody Put Bad Luck On Me.mp3
/CD3/02. Baby Boy Warren - Stop Breaking Down.mp3
/CD3/17. Baby Boy Warren - Chuck-A-Luck (Or Chicken).mp3
/CD3/18. Baby Boy Warren - Baby Boy Blues.mp3
I'm not quite sure what you are asking but in moOde, playlists are always stored in the location below

/var/lib/mpd/playlists

There is also a samba share thats available named Playlists. This allows you to manually backup your playlist files or add new ones created manually.

Since Playlists contain urls and file paths, if the file paths or urls change then the Playlist becomes broken.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Playlists can contain songs from a variety of sources, but they reference the hierarchy present to moode. If you have files on your NAS then that would be the root level not CD1-3. On my system with a usb mounted drive with the music partition named Music it’d be like:

/USB/Music/artist/album/song.mp3

You can easily access the directory moode keeps the playlists from smb as the shared directory Playlists and add, manipulate or backup as desired.
(09-11-2018, 07:41 PM)nosferatu_cat Wrote: My music files are on an NAS.  I've noticed that m3u and cue playing lists that already existed prior to my moving files to the NAS play just fine in Moode.  I figured out how to create playlists in 4.2 and discovered that they live on the SD card where the OS lives.  I've been trying to create a playlist that has all the songs by a single artist from a 3 CD compilation.  I created a Moode playlist without any trouble.  I tried using playlist creating software on my desktop machine to make one to place in the root directory of the compilation.  The root contains 3 subdirectories--CD!, CD2, and CD3.  My first effort failed.  I noticed that the slashes were PC flavor so I changed them to UNIX.  I tried changing the path of the files to /CD#/filename.  That didn't work either.  I've noticed that the existing playlists that do work don't span directories.  They live in the directory where the files are and don't include path information.  Is there a way I can create a playlist that spans directories that lives in a higher level directory?   I can envision circumstances where I want something reusable that includes several hours of music from disparate sources.  I'm OK with the Moode playlist unless I create a lot of them.   More than one screen would be inconvenient.  Here's a short example that doesn't work.  The playlist exists in the directory that contains the directories referenced in the playlist.  :  

/CD1/06. Baby Boy Warren - My Special Friend Blues.mp3
/CD1/07. Baby Boy Warren - Nervy Woman Blues.mp3
/CD1/19. Baby Boy Warren - Lonesome Cabin Blues.mp3
/CD1/20. Baby Boy Warren - Don't Want No Skinny Woman.mp3
/CD1/26. Baby Boy Warren - Taxi Driver Blues.mp3
/CD1/27. Baby Boy Warren - Bad Lover Blues.mp3
/CD2/07. Baby Boy Warren - Forgive Me Darling.mp3
/CD2/08. Baby Boy Warren - Please Don't Think I'm Nosey.mp3
/CD2/15. Baby Boy Warren - I Got Lucky.mp3
/CD2/16. Baby Boy Warren - Let's Renew Our Love.mp3
/CD2/24. Baby Boy Warren - Mattie Mae.mp3
/CD2/25. Baby Boy Warren - Santa Fe.mp3
/CD3/01. Baby Boy Warren - Somebody Put Bad Luck On Me.mp3
/CD3/02. Baby Boy Warren - Stop Breaking Down.mp3
/CD3/17. Baby Boy Warren - Chuck-A-Luck (Or Chicken).mp3
/CD3/18. Baby Boy Warren - Baby Boy Blues.mp3

If the the playlist is in the directory containing the directories referenced (i.e. CD1, CD2, CD3) I do not think there should be a leading slash
e.g. CD3/18. Baby Boy Warren - Baby Boy Blues.mp3

This comes from comparing functioning playlists in my album directories which are not created by moode.
These playlists however do not display artwork for each song.
They look something like this (which seems to differ from ones created by moode) -

Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:105, Example artist - Example title
CD1/Example.mp3
#EXTINF:321, Example Artist2 - Example title2
Bonus Disc/Example2.ogg
(09-11-2018, 08:51 PM)That\s what I was wondering about.  It's not a big deal since I mostly play by folder.  If I want several hours of music it's not a big deal to make an ad hoc playlist.  I get the path disruption problem.   Tim Curtis Wrote: I'm not quite sure what you are asking but in moOde, playlists are always stored in the location below

/var/lib/mpd/playlists

There is also a samba share thats available named Playlists. This allows you to manually backup your playlist files or add new ones created manually.

Since Playlists contain urls and file paths, if the file paths or urls change then the Playlist becomes broken.

-Tim
(09-12-2018, 12:17 AM)FizzyTea Wrote: If the the playlist is in the directory containing the directories referenced (i.e. CD1, CD2, CD3) I do not think there should be a leading slash
e.g. CD3/18. Baby Boy Warren - Baby Boy Blues.mp3

This comes from comparing functioning playlists in my album directories which are not created by moode.
These playlists however do not display artwork for each song.
They look something like this (which seems to differ from ones created by moode) -

Code:
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:105, Example artist - Example title
CD1/Example.mp3
#EXTINF:321, Example Artist2 - Example title2
Bonus Disc/Example2.ogg