Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Solved: MoOde Eating My SD Cards
(10-06-2018, 01:17 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: I've burned or built many dozens of moOde images as I've tracked Tim's progress over time and I have yet to lose a uSD card permanently.
Regards,
Kent

+1   From 'cheap-n-nasties' to top line they are hard to kill permanently.
Tim's recommended Sandisk cards would possibly even be the other survivor, with cockroaches , after the 'big-one'   :-)
----------
bob
I have never had any issues like this but speaking of SD Cards, are these (see image) any better speed-wise than the Class 10's? I really don't much about the various classes, other than Tim recommended the Class 10, which is good enough for me. Just curious Huh 

Thanks,
Gary

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-06-2018, 03:58 PM)Big G Wrote: I have never had any issues like this but speaking of SD Cards, are these (see image) any better speed-wise than the Class 10's? I really don't much about the various classes, other than Tim recommended the Class 10, which is good enough for me. Just curious Huh 

Thanks,
Gary

They are a tad faster but but at an increase of 25% costwise...
(10-06-2018, 03:36 AM)remy1961 Wrote: I had a good smile when i saw the title of this thread: oh my god, when will that stop? now moode is being accused of eating somebody's SD card!

Well the post wasn't meant to be accusatory or mean.

Although I realize that on the internet flamers and trools are everywhere...I'm not one of them.

My first post and I'm already on ignore... Sad
Please lock and or delete this thread.

I honestly thought this was an appropriate support issue posted in the support thread. I listed the steps taken that led to the issue and 'requested' ideas to resolve.

Its really disheartening to see this put in a bad light. Lesson learned....I'll keep my distance.
(10-07-2018, 09:03 PM)Edward Wrote: Please lock and or delete this thread.

I honestly thought this was an appropriate support issue posted in the support thread. I listed the steps taken that led to the issue and 'requested' ideas to resolve.

Its really disheartening to see this put in a bad light.  Lesson learned....I'll keep my distance.

Edward, you seem to keep trying the same thing over and over and expect different results...

Tim, Kent, and I gave you several options to get MoOde up and running and debug your card woes....did you try any of them ? ...if so what were the results..?

If not then see  my first sentence above..
----------
bob
(10-07-2018, 11:37 PM)DRONE7 Wrote:
(10-07-2018, 09:03 PM)Edward Wrote: Please lock and or delete this thread.

Its really disheartening to see this put in a bad light.  Lesson learned....I'll keep my distance.

Edward, you seem to keep trying the same thing over and over and expect different results...

Tim, Kent, and I gave you several options to get MoOde up and running and debug your card woes....did you try any of them ? ...if so what were the results..?

If not then see  my first sentence above..

DRONE7, I have no idea what you are talking about.....did anyone bother to actually read my initial post? Try this with gparted etc....as I stated in my initial post all of the above was already tried.

I also stated to Tim that I was going to use the MoOde iso instead of using the build.....again did anyone attempt to actually read any of my posts??

The issue was solved immediately after I used the Moode iso as stated to Tim. No further rhetoric is needed on this topic hence the request to close or delete.
You could try to boot from USB (stick). It even works with the SD card in an USB adapter. Like those:
https://www.google.de/search?q=sd+card+u...78&bih=928
Have you tried Panasonic SD Formater to erase your card? Or another trick is to put card into digital camera and do format in it.

And as other suggested, software used here can hardly cause any damage to your or any other card. If the cards are really dead then it would be down to poor quality of cards or PSU
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
Quote:did anyone bother to actually read my initial post?

we did....and requested more info ...

You said you'd tried to "erase and reflash"   which is quite different to writing a new partition table....

Several suggestions have been made as to how to restore all those sdcards..... perhaps you would be good enough to tell us what worked ?  so others may benefit.

Then, if MoOde is now running and you've fixed your sd cards, mark the thread as 'Solved"
----------
bob