Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Sound form NAS is breaking up via WiFi connection
(10-09-2018, 12:39 PM)kitamura_design Wrote: Hi Tim, swizzle,

The WiFi country code is "Japan", of course, of course, and of course I tried to change MPD buffer size already, too.
But 4.3 does not work as I expected.

Next, finally, I tried to revert the kernel to 4.14.54-v7+ via ssh just now, however this modified moOde 4.3 didn't work well, the sound breaking up (choppy sound) is still occurring.

I don't think that the course is the Wifi connection issue at this moment, because there is no problem with moOde 4.2 at all.

Anyway I will switch back to 4.2 until this issue is fixed.
if you want any help this issue, pls let me know.

Thanks,
kitamura_design

@kitamura_design

I think it fair to say we don't have a good hypothesis why your NAS-RPi connection is a problem so we're "shooting in the dark" with suggestions which plausibly might reveal your problem given what we know about moOde/raspbian. 

This is similar to an emergency room doctor ordering up tests to eliminate possible causes of puzzling symptoms presented by the patient. We start with the most likely and progress to the more obscure. 

Tim noted your periodic jump in ping response time. Did you do the other tests he suggested?

Quote:If WiFi interference can be ruled out then examining various logs might show something. 

dmesg
cat /var/log/syslog
ifconfig (examine the tx/rx stats)
iwconfig (examine the signal quality/level)

I have run all the r4.x releases on RPi3B with external 2.4GHz WiFi adapter and on RPi3B+ with internal adapter at 5GHz and have experienced no difficulty communicating with my NAS via the SAMBA protocol. I'm trying to figure out how to replicate your situation but so far I haven't succeeded.

Regards,
Kent

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sound form NAS is breaking up via WiFi connection - by TheOldPresbyope - 10-09-2018, 01:46 PM