Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Raspi 3b: Missing libaudiofile.so.1 after upgrade 4.2 -> 4.3
No MPD running and I can see this error in the daemon.log:
Oct  8 13:01:09 moodeB mpd[901]: /usr/local/bin/mpd: error while loading shared libraries: libaudiofile.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This was on an instance of Moode that I'd not used for a few months, and I upgraded via the shell command as recommended. IIRC it was working OK last time I used it.

Suggestions? While I'd rather repair what I have, I'm open to just re-installing from scratch but I wanted to check before I upgraded a couple of other instances...
(10-08-2018, 12:22 PM)Steven Crook Wrote: No MPD running and I can see this error in the daemon.log:
Oct  8 13:01:09 moodeB mpd[901]: /usr/local/bin/mpd: error while loading shared libraries: libaudiofile.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This was on an instance of Moode that I'd not used for a few months, and I upgraded via the shell command as recommended. IIRC it was working OK last time I used it.

Suggestions? While I'd rather repair what I have, I'm open to just re-installing from scratch but I wanted to check before I upgraded a couple of other instances...

That's odd.

I just looked at a running moOde r4.3 (installed directly from image, not as an upgrade to r4.2)

Code:
pi@moode:/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf $ ls -l libaudio*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     21 Mar 16  2017 libaudiofile.so -> libaudiofile.so.1.0.0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     21 Mar 16  2017 libaudiofile.so.1 -> libaudiofile.so.1.0.0
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 186272 Mar 16  2017 libaudiofile.so.1.0.0

The file dates suggest these should not have been touched in an upgrade, but I don' know the details of the upgrade process.

What does your broken moOde show? If only the links (e.g., libaudio.file.so.1) are missing you can recreate them from the command line using the ln command, e.g.

Code:
pi@moode:/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf $ sudo ln -s libaudiofile.so.1.0.0 libaudiofile.so.1

If the target file libaudiofile.so.1.0.0 itself is missing, then you could try copying it over from another moOde instance and recreating the link to it as above if it is missing too.

Please note that this is a bandaid fix. It does not address whatever mechanism caused the file and/or link to go AWOL. There may have been other breakage as well.

Regards,
Kent
The 4.2 -> 4.3 update package install script has these two sections

Code:
messageLog "** Step 3-8: Core package updates..."
messageLog "** Pkg 1 of 3: libaudiofile"
apt-get -y install libaudiofile-dev
messageLog "** Pkg 2 of 3: php7.0-gd"
apt-get -y install php7.0-gd
messageLog "** Pkg 3 of 3: portaudio19-dev"
apt-get -y install portaudio19-dev

messageLog "** Step 4-8: Binary updates"
# install new librespot
messageLog "** Bin 1 of 3: librespot"
cp update/other/librespot/librespot-a4e0f58 /usr/local/bin/librespot
# update shairport-sync
messageLog "** Bin 2 of 3: shairport-sync"
mv update/other/shairport-sync/shairport-sync-3.2.1 /usr/local/bin/shairport-sync
# update mpd, need sudo for the systemctl start
messageLog "** Bin 3 of 3: mpd"
mv update/other/mpd/mpd-0.20.20 /usr/local/bin/mpd
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I'm out for the day. If Steven hasn't debugged his system by tonight, I can revisit the issue.
No sign of the file or the links. I tried to run:

apt-get -y install libaudiofile-dev

And was told:
E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.

Which was news to me, and probably not good news at that. I had let the original update run to completion...

So I did as asked and got the following:
sudo dpkg --configure -a
Processing triggers for install-info (6.3.0.dfsg.1-1+b1) ...
Setting up libgpg-error-dev (1.26-2) ...
Setting up libgirepository-1.0-1:armhf (1.50.0-1) ...
Setting up gir1.2-glib-2.0:armhf (1.50.0-1) ...
Setting up libgnutlsxx28:armhf (3.5.8-5+deb9u3) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.24-11+deb9u3) ...
Setting up libgcrypt20-dev (1.7.6-2+deb9u3) ...
Setting up libgnutls-openssl27:armhf (3.5.8-5+deb9u3) ...
Setting up libexpat1-dev:armhf (2.2.0-2+deb9u1) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.6.1-2) ...
Setting up libgmpxx4ldbl:armhf (2:6.1.2+dfsg-1) ...
Setting up libgmp-dev:armhf (2:6.1.2+dfsg-1) ...

And then ran:
sudo apt-get -y install libaudiofile.dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'libaudiofile-dev' for regex 'libaudiofile.dev'
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
gir1.2-glib-2.0 libgcrypt20-dev libgirepository-1.0-1 libgmp-dev
libgmpxx4ldbl libgnutls-openssl27 libgnutlsxx28 libgpg-error-dev
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
The following additional packages will be installed:
libaudiofile1
The following NEW packages will be installed:
libaudiofile-dev libaudiofile1
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 155 kB of archives.
After this operation, 396 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://raspbian.mirror.uk.sargasso.net/raspbian stretch/main armhf libaudiofile1 armhf 0.3.6-4 [95.9 kB]
Get:2 http://raspbian.mirror.uk.sargasso.net/raspbian stretch/main armhf libaudiofile-dev armhf 0.3.6-4 [58.8 kB]
Fetched 155 kB in 0s (174 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package libaudiofile1:armhf.
(Reading database ... 59907 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../libaudiofile1_0.3.6-4_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking libaudiofile1:armhf (0.3.6-4) ...
Selecting previously unselected package libaudiofile-dev:armhf.
Preparing to unpack .../libaudiofile-dev_0.3.6-4_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking libaudiofile-dev:armhf (0.3.6-4) ...
Setting up libaudiofile1:armhf (0.3.6-4) ...
Setting up libaudiofile-dev:armhf (0.3.6-4) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.6.1-2) ...

Then I did:
ls libau*
libaudiofile.so libaudiofile.so.1 libaudiofile.so.1.0.0

So I went and ran as much as I could of the update install script Tim quoted, but wasn't sure where the 'update' directory (transient I assume) was so didn't do any of the cp or mv commands. Did 'shutdown -r now' and could see that MPD was running on restart. UI more responsive too.

I checked the dates on the /usr/local/bin librespot, shairport-sync and mpd. The first two were from this morning when I did the original upgrade, and mpd is currently shown as Aug 6th which would be when I did the original install.

Which is about as far as I've got. MPD may be running, but the UPNP client that's dependent on it isn't, or at least isn't running properly, because I can't see Moode as a Upnp renderer in BubbleUpnp.

Unless you guys want to debug this further to see if it was update related or just caused by a stray neutrino I'm inclined not to waste more of mine or your time on it and I'll go for an install from scratch. LMK if you want any diagnostics before I nuke it.
lol, stray neutrino.

Symptoms suggest part of the update bombed, prolly due to a repo being too busy to accept connections.

Unless you ran the original update vie SSH using the cmd below it would difficult to determine what exactly happened.

sudo /var/www/command/updater.sh r42

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
> sudo /var/www/command/updater.sh r42

Which is what I did.

Think it's best to start from scratch. It was a build I'd not done much customisation on, so easier to start again.

I have another one to do, but have more to lose with that, so I'll make an image first, then if there are problems I can restore, but also have something to go back to for diagnostics.