Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: No Access Point
@3dcnc 

There's insufficient information in your two posts to diagnose your issue.

Quote:Moode with ethernet cable works perfectly

I have tried to get the AP to work , checking that the country code is correct for the UK (Europe /London) . I flashed the card 3 times  to make sure the image was fine

So the first line tells me your install likely was ok since your moOde player "works perfectly". The second line doesn't tell me much of anything.

When the image is first flashed to a card and booted there are only two connection modes possible.
  • The first is through wired Ethernet, as you obviously have exercised, which assigns your moOde player an IP address on your LAN.
  • The second, standalone AP mode, is through the built-in WiFi Access Point function. Any device which associates with it (such as your phone) will be assigned an IP address on the private network 172.24.1.x, and can connect to the moOde WebUI at IP address 172.24.1.1. There is no routing function here so devices in other IP networks are not accessible.

After the Network Config parameters have been set properly and the moOde player rebooted, it will now associate automatically with the external Access Point specified and be assigned an IP address on the LAN the AP is on. (I call this the 'WiFi client mode' for lack of a better term.) It appears you've set your parameters to a Vodafone AP, pesumably from your ISP. Are we to understand that this connection works?

The built-in WiFi Access Point function is turned off while the moOde player is connected to an external AP.

Now the tricky part. If a moOde player is configured in WiFi client mode and the external AP is unavailable (the AP is off, say, or you've moved out of range of the AP, or you've incorrectly entered the AP credentials) then after a time-out period it will restart the built-in AP and we're back to standalone mode. Sorry, I don't remember the length of the time-out period.

There's another sentence in one of your posts

Quote:I could not get the Wifi to connect all the time, if I did it did not seem to work correctly.

This suggests to me that you may have WiFi problems external to moOde. Is your RPi in a metal enclosure by any chance?

Regards,
Kent
Couple thongs.

1. AP mode will not start if Ethernet connection is active during startup.

2. If you suspect that AP mode is not starting then plug in an Ethernet cable and post the startup log.

Code:
moodeutl -l
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
"1. AP mode will not start if Ethernet connection is active during startup."

I will check this and get back to you. I will check to see if Moode appears in my phones wifi list? I could not see it before.

Rpi was in no case when the tests were done. It is in a plastic case now, Volumio is working prefectly in AP mode . So I dont think the case is a problem.
That did it. ""1. AP mode will not start if Ethernet connection is active during startup." It was the problem. Thanks finally got it sorted. Much appreciated!