Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Сrackle sound via network
Hi!

I have moOde 4.3 on Pi-3B+ 1GB v1.3 connected to SMB share with music library on Windows 10 PC over 1Gbit ethernet.
When trying to play  24/176.4k FLAC  from this SMB share - sound crackles a little, like LP vinyl. However when the same file played from USB flash connected to the Raspberry pi - everything is fine and sounds clear and wonderful ! 

Changed many setting : CPU governor,mount flags, rsize/wsize , turn off/on wifi adapter etc. Even copy some music to another PC with fast M2 SSD - problem remains.
Tried to play other files mp3,flac,dsd,dsf - the bigger files cause more cracking and snaps.

Please any advice on this ?
If the issue only appears when serving files from your Windows PC then it would suggest the problem is either in the network or in the PC. Also if you are running a Hifiberry DAC+Pro, Kali Recoocker or any other board that has unshielded oscillators (clock crystals) then these can cause interference in the 2.4G WiFi band.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thank you , i will bring Moode Player to my friend house network and try same scenario.
I don't have any reclockers , direct usb connected from Moode to Schiit Jotunheim w multibit dac module. Integrated WiFi adapter turn off.
When connect to USB-DAC and Ethernet with 3B+, that problem will occur. It is also reported on Volumio's blog. I solved that problem with the following settings.
https://volumio.org/raspberry-pi-3-b-plus-audio-review/

ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full
Thank you yaslam , now it working flawless !

Here is complete commands list , first you need to install ethtool

sudo su
apt-get install ethtool
ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full

To make this changes permanent add to /etc/rc.local
sudo /sbin/ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full
Hi,

Thanks for confirming :-)

I'll add this as a setting on System config.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub