Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Spotify renderer not working on rpi zero
Hello!

I've just installed Moode 4.4 on a pi Zero W, and I'm still not able to see Spotify client. Isn't it supposed to be fixed in release 4.4 2018-12-09 ?
Really beginner with Moode here, so I might not have understood how/where to activate Spotify.

So far, what I did:
- go in configure menu -> Audio
- then I turned ON the Spotify renderer

I can play and connect to Moode Spotify device from my phone, but how do I control Spotify from Moode directly ? I'm using Chrome to control Moode from another computer on my local network, and now all I see is a black screen with 'Spotify Active' in the middle.
Did I miss something ?

Thank you for your help!
(01-20-2019, 07:53 PM)sylvain.hi Wrote: Hello!
I can play and connect to Moode Spotify device from my phone, but how do I control Spotify from Moode directly ? I'm using Chrome to control Moode from another computer on my local network, and now all I see is a black screen with 'Spotify Active' in the middle.
Did I miss something ?

Thank you for your help!

Yes, you missed that moOde doesn't have a native Spotify UI. It depends on the Spotify app. It sounds like your installation is working just fine.
Ok! Glad to hear that, I guess Wink
Thanks
(10-31-2018, 12:19 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

You can follow the issue I just posted on liberespot-org repo.
https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot/issues/258

-Tim

Hi Tim

With Spotify on the latest v4.4 Moode Audio, is it possible to have volume at 100% at all times?

i.e. ignore the volume control the same way we can use  ignore_volume_control = "yes" in shairport-sync.conf.tmpl for AirPlay?

If possible, can you kindly share the steps.

Many thanks
Open the Spotify config screen and set Initial volume to 100%
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-05-2019, 01:03 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Open the Spotify config screen and set Initial volume to 100%

Hi Tim

Noted. 

But this doesn't 'lock' the volume at 100%, for example the same way we can use  ignore_volume_control = "yes" in shairport-sync.conf.tmpl for AirPlay

Would love to block the volume control with any accidental presses of the volume button on phones/tablet, to keep volume at 100% at all times - just like we can do with Shairport as above.

Is there are way to do this with Spotify on Moode Audio?

If not, can you make it an option in the next version?
(02-06-2019, 11:55 AM)Me2018 Wrote: But this doesn't 'lock' the volume at 100%, for example the same way we can use  ignore_volume_control = "yes" in shairport-sync.conf.tmpl for AirPlay

Would love to block the volume control with any accidental presses of the volume button on phones/tablet, to keep volume at 100% at all times - just like we can do with Shairport as above.

Is there are way to do this with Spotify on Moode Audio?

If not, can you make it an option in the next version?

Spotify Connect in Moode runs on librespot. Thou librespot is working quite well, its not as developed as shairport.
For a long while it was only possible to start with 100% volume and then adjust it after connection. Atleast they changed that Smile
So far its only possible to set initial volume, and whether if it should be linear or logarithmic volume. Nothing other fancy volume settings.

Actually I dont think you're able to lock the volume on the Spotify connect "protocol"