Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide AUDIOPHONICS RaspDAC Mini Kit - I-Sabre ES9038Q2M
(11-08-2018, 04:57 PM)audiophonics Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 12:13 PM)rikardo1979 Wrote:
(11-08-2018, 12:10 PM)kit1cat Wrote: Like the idea of the digital input, does the software fully support it?

Yes it can work. I have tested but I have no use for it.
There is another script to activate it but its not a part of this instruction.
Once you run the script only digital in through DAC works. Display is OFF that time

The SPDIF script is activated with remote "Menu" button. (amixer command)

And you keep volume display when switching to SPDIF input Smile

Thanks for info [Image: smile.png]
First post updated. Now 'Remote control & SPDIF input' support instructions added.

And again, I take no credits for any of the work. 
Big thanks for extended help with this going to the @audiophonics guys
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
(11-14-2018, 02:08 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: First post updated. Now 'Remote control & SPDIF input' support instructions added.

Thanks for putting this together ! Works wonderfully.

Just a heads-up... after an update  you need to run the install again for the new kernel..
As of today this...

Code:
cd Q2M

sudo cp i-sabre-codec.ko /lib/modules/4.14.76-v7+/kernel/sound/soc/codecs/
sudo cp i-sabre-k2m.ko /lib/modules/4.14.76-v7+/kernel/sound/soc/bcm/
sudo depmod -a
sudo cp i-sabre-k2m.dtbo /boot/overlays/
----------
bob
(11-14-2018, 07:05 PM)DRONE7 Wrote:
(11-14-2018, 02:08 AM)rikardo1979 Wrote: First post updated. Now 'Remote control & SPDIF input' support instructions added.

Thanks for putting this together ! Works wonderfully.

Just a heads-up... after an update  you need to run the install again for the new kernel..
As of today this...

Code:
cd Q2M

sudo cp i-sabre-codec.ko /lib/modules/4.14.76-v7+/kernel/sound/soc/codecs/
sudo cp i-sabre-k2m.ko /lib/modules/4.14.76-v7+/kernel/sound/soc/bcm/
sudo depmod -a
sudo cp i-sabre-k2m.dtbo /boot/overlays/

Yes you are right. This is the only con of this specially built driver
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>