Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

New Raspberry Pi 3A+
Hi,

There is new Raspberry Pi :-)
https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/ras...el-a-plus/

Specs:

The Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ extends the Raspberry Pi 3 range into the A+ board format.

- Broadcom BCM2837B0, Cortex-A53 (ARMv8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.4GHz
- 512MB LPDDR2 SDRAM
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz IEEE 802.11.b/g/n/ac wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.2/BLE
- Extended 40-pin GPIO header
- Full-size HDMI
- Single USB 2.0 ports
- CSI camera port for connecting a Raspberry Pi Camera Module
- DSI display port for connecting a Raspberry Pi Touch Display
- 4-pole stereo output and composite video port
- Micro SD port for loading your operating system and storing data
- 5V/2.5A DC power input

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
No LAN port, can it be better? Will there be support for Moode?
There is no mention of it in the Raspbian release notes for the most recent release dated 2018-10-09 so my assumption is that it will be supported in the prior 2018-06-27 release that moOde 4.3 uses.

http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbia..._notes.txt
Enjoy the Music!
Now there is Wink
2018-10-09:
* Raspberry Pi 3A+ support
I see that and also 2018-11-13 Raspbian just popped up :-)

I have a 3A+ coming next week and so I'll be able to see if it actually requires the new release of Raspbian. If it does then there will be a new whole-image-only build of moOde (4.5) coming, probably in December. moOde 4.4 will still be released as planned as an in-place update and also as a whole image.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(11-16-2018, 12:24 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I see that and also 2018-11-13 Raspbian just popped up :-)

I have a 3A+ coming next week and so I'll be able to see if it actually requires the new release of Raspbian. If it does  then there will be a new whole-image-only build of moOde (4.5) coming, probably in December. moOde 4.4 will still be released as planned as an in-place update and also as a whole image.

-Tim

In-place updates should still be possible. From https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspbia...mber-2018/ : To update an existing image, open a terminal window and use the usual commands:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

I've been doing this happily on my Moode player since day one without any ensuing issues.

Cheers,

Phil

It certainly can work but its not a method that I could support via in-place update because I'd have no way of knowing whats been changed in any of the core OS components that moOde uses. The stability of moOde depends on having specific versions of core components.

When a new release of Raspbian comes out my process is to do a build from scratch using the Builder and then verify that there are no errors or conflicts, then go through and verify that everything still works in moOde.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
(11-16-2018, 02:37 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It certainly can work but its not a method that I could support via in-place update because I'd have no way of knowing whats been changed in any of the core OS components that moOde uses. The stability of moOde depends on having specific versions of core components.

When a new release of Raspbian comes out my process is to do a build from scratch using the Builder and then verify that there are no errors or conflicts, then go through and verify that everything still works in moOde.

-Tim

Nothing stopping you (and others) from testing the process and seeing if anything breaks, so I'm not sure that it is a real obstacle.  Reinstalling from scratch and reconfiguring everythibng is pretty daunting, too.

What would the process be to verify that a dist-upgrade of 2018-06-27 Raspbian, the version used in moOde 4.3, produced the equivalent of 2018-11-13 Raspbian?
Enjoy the Music!
(11-16-2018, 02:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What would the process be to verify that a dist-upgrade of 2018-06-27 Raspbian, the version used in moOde 4.3, produced the equivalent of 2018-11-13 Raspbian?

Does it matter as long as it still works? I'm inclined to believe the Raspberry Pi folks when they tell us that it's equivalent. You could use apt to list installed versions on both installs. I can assure you that Moode 4.3 still works after updating as per my post above.

Phil