Thank you for your donation!

Problem: Spotify connect keeps dropping
Quote:It shouldn't crash or exit due to interruption in connection, rather it should print a message and periodically try to reconnect.

You'd think, right? But their issues log shows this is a longstanding problem which apparently hasn't been easy for them to resolve.

Regards,
Kent
Gotcha. I'll add the watchdog code :-)
This happens to me too. I am on a v5 beta.
Unfortunately after that moOde UI stays in "Spotify Active" mode even after a reboot via shell. Moode is unusable.
Is there a way to NOT reflash the image?
I did a quick repro by rebooting while playing spotify. The Active screen can be cleared by Browser refresh.
(04-13-2019, 09:53 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I did a quick repro by rebooting while playing spotify. The Active screen can be cleared by Browser refresh.

It happened again. I think it always happens some time after i switch the Spotify control point, for ex. from Smartphone to PC. Suddenly the music stops and the renderer disappears in Spotify. Moode then remains unsuable with "Spotify active" screen even after reboot.

Tim, i tried a browser refresh, different browsers, different devices. Only way out is:
http://moode/snd-config.php#mpd-restart and there restart Spotify client.

Installing newest Moode version now. :-(
I have Spotify desktop app and also the Smartphone app. Please list the exact steps that u take that result in the issue and I'll try and repro.
I'm on v5.0 now and hope for the best. The failing librespot client of course is not your problem. My problem was the "Spotify active" that did not deactivate.
On older versions i started music playback via Spotify client on smartphone. For example a playlist or artist radio. Then later i switched to the PC client without touching the smartphone again. After some pause/play/skip commands in the PC app the music stopped after a few more songs as if the playlist ended. But in fact Spotify Connect (Moode) disappeared from PC app with "Spotify active" stayed in Moode UI. I then had to restart Spotify client via terminal.
(04-19-2019, 12:01 AM)deafnut Wrote: I'm on v5.0 now and hope for the best. The failing librespot client of course is not your problem. My problem was the "Spotify active" that did not deactivate.
On older versions i started music playback via Spotify client on smartphone. For example a playlist or artist radio. Then later i switched to the PC client without touching the smartphone again. After some pause/play/skip commands in the PC app the music stopped after a few more songs as if the playlist ended. But in fact Spotify Connect (Moode) disappeared from PC app with "Spotify active" stayed in Moode UI. I then had to restart Spotify client via terminal.

I ended up having the same problem with the text Spotify active in Moode UI. IF I used the moode audio direct link attached to home screen on my iOS device I couldn't refresh it. Opening safari browser it worked perfectly. So I deleted old home screen link and adding new “link” to home screen, it worked as supposed again.