Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide Display Internet Radio names in playlists and favorites
By the way, I'm enjoying the heck out of Moode regardless!  Thanks again!
Ok, after some more testing I've got a better understanding of our problem that may be of help as we track down the issue.

Here's the situation: I'm controlling Moode mainly from my Android phone using Chrome. I decided to see if I could replicate the issue on my Mac using Chrome. Here are my findings:

On Mac:
If I add a radio station that came preinstalled with Moode to the playlist it displays like this:

EuropaRadioJazz - The Sound of Jazz
{microphone} EuropaRadioJazz - The Sound of Jazz

When I play the station the current song streaming is displayed above the station name.

and...

When I add a station I manually input it is displayed like this:

1920's Radio Network
{microphone} Radio station

When I play this station the current streaming file is displayed on top while the station name moves underneath... this is excellent! I prefer this method!

BUT

when I save a list to a playlist everything goes wonky...

On my Android the playlist all entries are in this format:

http://209.9.238.5:8100
Radio Station

The station name is replaced with the URL

BUT here's where it gets really strange...

On my Mac there are absolutely no entries!

AND when I add these playlists to the active playlist, on both platforms all entries look like this:

Streaming source
{microphone} Radio Station

until I play then and then they kick over to the current streaming file over the radio station name.

Super weird... I'm not having any issues streaming. The problems, for me at least, lie in the display of the playlists.

Hmmmm... should I just reflash?
I just tried saving mp3 files into a playlist and it has the same issues as above.
Very odd. Below is what a saved playlist should look like. The built in stations show the URL and station name. User added stations will show the URL and "Radio Station" for the name. Song files show the path and "Song File".

Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@Tim Curtis ,

I'm not sure I understand all of @momaw27's post, but I can repo the part I do.

If I add a radio station directly to the current playlist, the entry displays in the Playback tab as, for example:

Quote:Czech Radio Classical
{mic} Czech Radio Classical (256K)

On the other hand, if I add it to a saved playlist and then add that saved playlist to the current playlist, the entry displays in the Playback tab as

Quote:Streaming source
{mic} Czech Radio Classical (256K)

Once the entry begins playing, "Streaming source" will be replaced by current song info if it's being sent in the stream (which Czech Radio Classical is not doing, at least not at the moment).

In the Music tab, the saved playlist displays as you showed in your screenshot.

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent,

What you described is exactly how it is supposed to work.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thanks guys!

I think I'll reburn the image and go from there.

Maybe something went wrong with my initial install.

I'll report back.