Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Where to login Google music
(12-11-2018, 09:45 AM)harsl Wrote: Hi Kent, thanks for your on going tries to help me out. Although I have this done via the internal webSSH, the ''old'' way via PuTTy and windows ssh wont go:
IF if put :
ssh pi@moode     sshresponse is : ssh connect to host moode port 22: Connection refused ????
Same for the ssh [email=pi@IPADRESS]pi@IPADRESS[/email]

Maybe my good friend Google can help...
Here is one of the many thousands of links when searching for "SSH Access Denied"

Access Denied” SSH error with Putty in Windows 7
 :@
(12-11-2018, 09:45 AM)harsl Wrote: Hi Kent, thanks for your on going tries to help me out. Although I have this done via the internal webSSH, the ''old'' way via PuTTy and windows ssh wont go:
IF if put :
ssh pi@moode     sshresponse is : ssh connect to host moode port 22: Connection refused ????
Same for the ssh pi@IPADRESS

So your ssh client on your Windows host can't connect via port 22 (the "well known" port for ssh communication) on your moOde host.

This error can occur if the sshd server on your moOde host isn't listening (or even running)...but I don't believe this is happening because you can connect via webSSH. You could login via the webSSH and check sshd is running but that seems a redundant test to me.

This error can also occur if a firewall on your Windows host is blocking port 22 communications. Do you have a firewall or some other security-related software running which could be doing this? Dealing with this isn't a moOde problem and you'll need to seek help elsewhere.

The Google find reported by @JST1963 is interesting. I'm dubious it applies in your case because you say you also can't connect with ssh via the WSL command line but it's worth checking.

Regards,
Kent
I was installing gmusicapi in Moode 5 through ssh. The process went well but stuck up at a point showing

"Running setup.py bdist_wheel for lxml...."

I thought that the system has stuckup, forcefully disconnected and rebooted Moode to try install afresh. But on retrying, the process run a few steps and then gave a screenful of message in RED probably saying all sorts of errors. Now I am stuck up as I am unable to install gmusicapi. Please tell me the steps the way to reinstall gmusicapi.

I also tried to locate /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gmusicapi but I couldnot find any such location.

Regards
Partha
(04-27-2019, 08:04 AM)parthabhatta Wrote: I was installing gmusicapi in Moode 5 through ssh. The process went well but stuck up at a point showing

"Running setup.py bdist_wheel for lxml...."

I thought that the system has stuckup, forcefully disconnected and rebooted Moode to try install afresh. But on retrying, the process run a few steps and then gave a screenful of message in RED probably saying all sorts of errors. Now I am stuck up as I am unable to install gmusicapi. Please tell me the steps the way to reinstall gmusicapi.

I also tried to locate /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gmusicapi    but I couldnot find any such location.

Regards
Partha

It takes a long time to build gmusicapi, even on an RPi3B+, notably in the step you thought was "stuckup". If you run top you can see a CPU is pegged at essentially 100% and as much as 1/3 of available RAM is being consumed. [BTW- it will fail to build on any small-memory RPi such as the RPi0-series without swap memory being enabled]

A workaround for building lxml is first to install the corresponding Raspbian package

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ sudo apt-get install python-lxml

A disadvantage of this approach is that packages are always behind the curve in the version they load. All I can say is, this approach worked for me when I tried it last winter.

After installing python-lxml, rerun the gmusicapi script. If it again fails, try once more before giving up.

Regards,
Kent

PS - This is probably not necessary with current moOde, but you could also make sure some of the pip code is up to date by running

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ sudo pip install --upgrade setuptools
Gmusicapi build fails at : 

Code:
soupsieve requires Python '>=3.5' but the running Python is 2.7.16

When I try to update to the latest Python, I'm told it's the latest. Maybe just a sudo apt-get update, but didn't want to break anything with a system update. 

Code:
python is already the newest version (2.7.16-1).  

Thanks in advance.
@Lttlwing16

There are two Python interpreters (and associated libraries) present in Raspbian.

Python 2 (in Raspbian 10) is currently at rev 2.7.16 as you found. Unfortunately, Python 2 reached end-of-life status at the beginning of this year and no one should be writing new code for it.

Python 3 is currently at rev 3.7.3.

Apparently the gmusic service builder has to be made consistent with Python 3.

It may be as simple as changing the setting of the default interpreter but I don't have time to look at this ATM.

Regards,
Kent
You can use BubbleUPnP to send Google Music to Moode over UPnP btw.
(03-27-2020, 08:37 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @Lttlwing16

There are two Python interpreters (and associated libraries) present in Raspbian.

Python 2 (in Raspbian 10) is currently at rev 2.7.16 as you found. Unfortunately, Python 2 reached end-of-life status at the beginning of this year and no one should be writing new code for it.

Python 3 is currently at rev 3.7.3.

Apparently the gmusic service builder has to be made consistent with Python 3.

It may be as simple as changing the setting of the default interpreter but I don't have time to look at this ATM.

Regards,
Kent

Thanks Kent once again. I'm good for now as I got 4 months of Tidal for $4 . Just would like to have GPM native within Moode so I don't have to leave BubbleUpnp running to play from GPM.
(03-27-2020, 09:25 PM)vinnn Wrote: You can use BubbleUPnP to send Google Music to Moode over UPnP btw.

That's my current setup,  but I'd prefer to have the rendering done directly within Moode vs having to leave BubbleUpnp running.
So currently, there is no easy way to build the gmusicapi for Moode? I attempted installing older versions, but they all failed, all relying on Python 3.5 or higher.