Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Copy database / backup
Ok, recent moOde player user here.  Tried a couple of players on the Pi and spend days trying to get BT working on the other builds and then I saw this gem and it worked in 10 minutes like it should, namely streaming to a BT speaker , just awesome Tim!

As I was looking for my 'issue' on the forum I saw a lot of useful stuff being placed.  Being a tech guy I also wanted to test a couple of things like I want to use this thing remotely where no mains is, so working on a powerbank/solar or so.  I tested this on a Pi Zero W running purely connected to power and the rest via BT and WIFI. During the build up of the database I measured around 0,8 Watts and when done and idle around 0,5 Watts, in 5 Volt terms that is approx 0.2A and 0.1A  
To be honest, that is laughably low and we should consider this device as being nature friendly. I'll probably end up using it in the summer on a solar panel.

Ok, now my question. As I have a couple of Pi's I first wanted to clone the sd-card but in the end that is not a good thing since if I connect it to another Nas or change anything on it I would have to fully clone it again.  
I think I saw a feature on Volumio to do a 'user or config backup'. Is there a way to copy the database from the scanned files from the NAS to another Pi?  As I am a complete Linux newbie I have no clue. 

Another thing which would be nice is if the equalizer worked on BT. Is that possible?   I have a couple of BT speakers which could use a bit of tuning to sound ok.
Cool, a solar powered Pi :-)

The EQ's work only on Local MPD output.

moOde has an auto-configure feature that makes cloning SDCards for other Pi's easier. Its described in the Setup Guide.
https://github.com/moode-player/moode/bl.../setup.txt

- Write a fresh image to an SDCard
- Create the moodecfg.txt file and change the names as needed
- Copy it to the /boot partition on the SDCard
- Boot up and moOde will automatically make the name changes and then reboot itself

I've not tried it but you could try saving the MPD database and optionally the thumbnail cache images from one system and then restore to another. If the song files are on a NAS then you would also need to create that NAS config.  

/var/lib/mpd/database
Code:
pi@rp3:~ $ ls -l /var/lib/mpd
total 164
-rw-r--r-- 1 mpd  audio 148376 Dec  6 21:30 database
drwxr-xr-x 3 mpd  audio   4096 Sep 29 09:44 music
drwxr-xr-x 2 mpd  audio   4096 Nov 27 07:52 playlists
-rw-r--r-- 1 mpd  audio   3656 Dec 12 11:23 state
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root    3072 Sep 29 09:44 sticker.sql

/var/local/www/imagesw/thmcache
Code:
pi@rp3:~ $ ls -l /var/local/www/imagesw
total 608
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  578947 Nov  9 19:00 bgimage.jpg
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root   24576 Dec  6 21:30 thmcache
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root staff    320 Dec  9 12:42 thumb.svg
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root staff    322 Dec  9 12:42 thumb-w.svg
drwxr-xr-x 2 root staff   4096 Sep 29 09:44 toggle

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Awesome Tim!   Will give that a try.  Can be useful for people with large databases and who want to backup and clone.

Very much enjoying this 'construction'. First I was afraid (sounds like a song  Big Grin ) about the Bluetooth and Wifi performance of the Pi Zero W but I wonder what some people were doing.  I read about dropouts after 3 meters. Mine is now in another room with a double brick wall in between and working perfectly.

About the solar. Old laptop cells (18650's), a 'UPS' and charger module from ebay (3 euro) a simple solar to 5V converter (3 euro) and a 20 tot 40 Watt panel (30 to 40 euro)  and you are set. Then take a d-class amp module (5 euro) and a case (or use the case from an old radio) and you can make a nice cheap radio that you can take anywhere.  I have so much fun with these things.