Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Music Library Play Issues
So I go to my music folder for my local library, pick an album then select "Clear/Play". The result is MoOde adds or at least tries to add my entire music library to a new playlist and play.

Not expected.

Normally it would clear the current playlist and add the album I selected in a new playlist and start playing.

Me thinks this is a bug?
Hi,

A quick test from Browse panel and Library List/Cover panels and no issues on my end. Only the tracks from the selected album are added after the Playlist is cleared.

If you suspect that its a bug I'll need some way to try reproduce the issue.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(12-12-2018, 08:26 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

A quick test from Browse panel and Library List/Cover panels and no issues on my end. Only the tracks from the selected album are added after the Playlist is cleared.

If you suspect that its a bug I'll need some way to try reproduce the issue.

Sure I'm rebuilding my library and will either record my steps .mp4 or take screenshots.

Currently still rebuilding.
Starting Playlist = 13 stations
[Image: Screenshot-20181212133231-1192x856_zps7qmxfphx.png]

Going to pick an album to play
[Image: Screenshot-20181212133303-1276x898_zpssl84jvt5.png]

Select Clear/Play
[Image: Screenshot-20181212133323-635x420_zpszjnlwb6o.png]

Old playlist cleared and entire library added...so far about a hundred or so....
[Image: Screenshot-20181212133538-707x57_zpsuajaaulh.png]

Still working
[Image: Screenshot-20181212133450-597x132_zpspyevcyor.png]

16,000+ tracks added
[Image: Screenshot-20181212134406-777x241_zpsqe4npdmb.png]
Right, those are the same steps I used except in my case only the tracks from the selected album are added.

The spinner icon is only activated when MPD db update is initiated.
Enjoy the Music!
(12-12-2018, 08:54 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Right, those are the same steps I used except in my case only the tracks from the selected album are added.

The spinner icon is only activated when MPD db update is initiated.

Okay so I guess its not a problem then.

Somehow the album that originally had 10 tracks suddenly has 16,000+ tracks.

Never mind the spinning icon.

You don't see a problem?
If you can't reproduce, you can't fix it....understandable.

Must be user error....you can mark this thread "Solved"

Thanks
Not user error but if its a bug then more information is needed in order to try and create a repro to debug.

For example

- is it just that particular album?
- whats in the MPD log for the album?
cat /var/log/mpd/log
- whats the directory structure look like that contains the album?
- are there any symlinks in the directory structure?

I'd prefer to leave the thread marked [PROBLEM] so other users can see it in case they also have same issue.Multiple users have same issue would strongly suggest a bug.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
This happened once in the test section when playerlib.js and playerlib.php were out of sync, maybe the update script had a hiccup?
Actually, I found out what caused it...I have a few Rpi's with MoOde installed and it only happened to the ones I had some particular settings enabled. I actually had to reinstall MoOde because even disabling the settings didn't fix it alone. Now new install and all is well...