Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Spotify Connect failures on Moode 4.4
Oops that function only exists in the moOde 4.5 code base which is currently under development.

Here is the equivalent code from the current 4.4 codebase.

Code:
sysCmd('killall librespot');
sysCmd('/var/www/vol.sh -restore'); // r44d
// reset to inactive
playerSession('write', 'spotactive', '0');
$GLOBALS['spotactive'] = '0';
sendEngCmd('spotactive0');

So just replace stopSpotify() with the lines above and you should be all set :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Great! This works fine, thnx. Although I had to hardcode the name and card number, otherwise they'll show up empty. For me this is not a problem, since I never change these. 

For future reference and others wanting to do something similar, here is the final script:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/php
<?php

set_include_path('/var/www/inc');
require_once 'playerlib.php';

$_SESSION[cardnum]=0;
$_SESSION['spotifyname']="Librespot blackbox";

sysCmd('killall librespot');
sysCmd('/var/www/vol.sh -restore'); // r44d
// reset to inactive
playerSession('write', 'spotactive', '0');
$GLOBALS['spotactive'] = '0';
sendEngCmd('spotactive0');
startSpotify();

?>
Oops, forgot to read in the session vars.

Replace the two $_SESSION lines with below.

Code:
playerSession('open', '' ,'');
session_write_close();
Enjoy the Music!
(01-04-2019, 09:50 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi Andy,

Good analysis :-)

If you still have the original cache intact, try the following:

1. If u modified the launch params in playerlib.php then revert to original launch params and reboot
2. Save the credentials file
Code:
sudo mv /var/local/www/spotify_cache/files/credentials.json ./

3. Turn on librespot from moOde UI to launch it

If it launches ok then i might have to add a "Clear cache" option.

-Tim
Hi Tim,

Sorry for the delay, but I have only just got round to trying this now.  Here my notes of the results:

Check Spotify running OK.

Change playerlib.php from

Code:
' --disable-audio-cache --backend alsa --device "' . $device . '"' . // r44d audio file cache eats disk space

to

Code:
' --cache /var/local/www/spotify_cache --disable-audio-cache --backend alsa --device "' . $device . '"' . // r44d audio file cache eats disk space

reboot

spotify fails to start.
log from librespot.

Code:
INFO:librespot: librespot  (). Built on 2018-10-31. Build ID: No392Ult
DEBUG:librespot_connect::discovery: Zeroconf server listening on 0.0.0.0:0
INFO:librespot_core::session: Connecting to AP "gew1-accesspoint-b-vjv8.ap.spotify.com:4070"
thread 'main' panicked at 'Authentication failed with reason: BadCredentials', core/src/connection/mod.rs:93:21
stack backtrace:

move the cache file to clear it

Code:
sudo mv /var/local/www/spotify_cache/credentials.json /home/pi/

reboot

log from librespot:

Code:
INFO:librespot: librespot  (). Built on 2018-10-31. Build ID: No392Ult
DEBUG:librespot_connect::discovery: Zeroconf server listening on 0.0.0.0:0

so all OK, pi is showing up as a spotify connect device from my tablet and i can play songs on moode using spotify connect.

So clearing out the cached credentials worked a treat.

Thanks

Andy
Nice :-)

That would suggest that adding a "Clear credential cache" option to the Spotify renderer section in Audio config would be beneficial. Should be an easy one,
Enjoy the Music!
(01-08-2019, 04:04 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Oops, forgot to read in the session vars.

Replace the two $_SESSION lines with below.

Code:
playerSession('open', '' ,'');
session_write_close();

Great, thnx, even better.

I'm happy to report that I had no further crashes on the latest librespot version, I've been using it quite a lot the last three days, switching between devices. I also remember this version being more stable. I had it before, but recently upgraded from Moode 4.0 with a self compiled librespot, to 4.4 and noticed the difference. But of course it's not very hard evidence, haha.

Thnx for the great job, Tim!
Let me know if it seems more stable and I'll look at including the particular commit that you are testing in upcoming moOde 4.5 :-)

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
Yes, I think it's more stable. Wether this is because of an update to the decoder or the EOF fix of 19 nov, I do not know. Maybe a combination. I even think it sounds a bit better. I checked the changelog of the Lewton decoder and I am not sure why this could be, so it's probably my imagination. I’m not an expert in these matters either... My setup (driade 70b/Brio-R/Mamboberry/Kali/IfI power) is quite sensitive though, especially for high notes and bad recordings/mixes, maybe it was this bug: https://github.com/RustAudio/lewton/issues/26.

I use librespot every day for several hours (morning/evening), switching between my Mac and iPhone or iPad, skipping tracks and playlists. There were no crashes in the last four days.
I wasn't experiencing the problems described by others but I'm not a heavy user of Spotify (at least not yet!).

To confirm @sjoerdju's findings, though, I pulled the librespot master branch from github and built it on a copy of the latest moOde r4.5 test image (with kernel 4.13.0-45-generic). Seems to be working without issue.

I haven't tried an A-B comparison of sound quality of this version vs the version in moOde r4.4. I don't believe I have the equipment, listening space, or ears to make it a fair test. That said, the jazz album I'm listening to right now sounds fine.

Regards,
Kent
Hi Kent,

What procedure are u using to build librespot?

I tried below and keep getting permission error. I downloaded zip from master branch rather than git clone the repo.

Code:
pi@rp2:~/librespot-master $ cargo build --release --features alsa-backend
    Updating crates.io index
    Updating git repository `https://github.com/awmath/rust-crypto.git`
    Updating git repository `https://github.com/plietar/rust-tremor`
    Updating git repository `https://github.com/plietar/rust-mdns`
    Updating git repository `https://github.com/plietar/rust-alsa`
    Updating git repository `https://github.com/plietar/dns-parser`
error: failed to open: /home/pi/librespot-master/target/release/.cargo-lock

Caused by:
  Permission denied (os error 13)
pi@rp2:~/librespot-master $