Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Spotify Connect failures on Moode 4.4
Nvm. Using git clone and compile seems to be working.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@Tim Curtis

Huh?

I pulled from the repo.

Looking at the first lines of your output, I have to guess this is a natural cargo update (but I don't know squat about it, so....) 

For the killer line, I was going to conjecture that they forgot to clean house before zip'ping the master branch---leaving a stale lock file. 

However, I just now downloaded the master.zip file and tried to build librespot. Clean and green-

Code:
pi@moode:~/librespot-master $ cargo build --release --features alsa-backend
  Compiling libc v0.2.40                                                      
  Compiling byteorder v1.2.2                                                  

Curious.

Regards,
Kent
PS - the latest librespot died on me yesterday while I was doing other stuff. Naturally, I didn't have it instrumented at the time and don't know if it was the same or a different problem.

Been too busy shoveling snow to focus.

Regards,
Kent
Snow :-0

It will be in my backyard before long...
Enjoy the Music!
(01-14-2019, 03:47 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Snow :-0

It will be in my backyard before long...

We got a double whammy this weekend: ca 6" in our neighborhood on Saturday night---clear and sunny Sunday so shoveled out the drive and cars; another 4" to 6" last night. Clear and sunny again this morning. I feel like Bill Murray in "Groundhog Day"!
Small suggestion: there has been a lot of updates recently. I'm compiling the last version now for testing, my last compile being from February. Especially the 22 February update is vital since, if I understand correctly, something changed on Spotify's API, so older versions don't work as expected anymore.

Will let you guys know if I find any problems with the latest version, but strongly suggest to include an update in Moode 4.5!

Since they update regularly and Spotify sometimes changes stuff on their end, it might be useful to include an 'upgrade to latest from Github' version in Moode? Which clones/builds the latest version? It saves you from doing incremental updates all the time, especially when something changes at the server end.
I see I missed a thread in the forum... Smile

Still, adding a 'compile latest from github' button might be useful!
We are skipping release 4.5 and going straight to moOde 5 which includes latest librespot. There is a Beta 1 thread in the Support section and Beta 2 is almost ready for posting.
Enjoy the Music!
(01-04-2019, 09:50 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi Andy,

Good analysis :-)

If you still have the original cache intact, try the following:

1. If u modified the launch params in playerlib.php then revert to original launch params and reboot
2. Save the credentials file
Code:
sudo mv /var/local/www/spotify_cache/files/credentials.json ./

3. Turn on librespot from moOde UI to launch it

If it launches ok then i might have to add a "Clear cache" option.

-Tim

I know this is old, but I just had to do this when I reset my password for spotify. Took me a while to figure out, but eventually stumbled on this.
No prob :-)

It's on the TODO list:

- Add "Clear credentials cache" option to the Spotify renderer section in Audio config

Just a matter of when it bubbles to the top...
Enjoy the Music!