Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Mini update for 4.4. coming
Hi,

Just a heads up that a mini update for moOde 4.4 is planned for release before the end of the year :-)

It's mainly a bug fix update but there are several nice new features that will be included for example CoverView backdrop styles can be set and a new Pure Black Theme can be selected for the main UI.

One other new feature that may be included if time permits are additional settings for Auto-shuffle including Queue Depth and Filters. Queue depth defaults to 1 track but this prevents MPD crossfade from having any effect. When queue depth is set to > 1 then MPD crossfade will work. The Filter setting controls which part of the collection is auto-shuffled. Setting it to Genre "Classical"  would only shuffle tracks with Genre tag = "Classical". Setting it to Artist "Steve Cobby" would only shuffle tracks where Artist tag = "Steve Cobby".

Code:
########################################################
//
// 4.4 2018-MM-DD update
//

New features

- NEW: CoverView backdrop styles
- NEW: Pure Black theme

Updates

- UPD: Add Raspbian version to ssh header
- UPD: Add icon for upmpdcli

Bug fixes

- FIX: Duplicate symlink for Zend opcache
- FIX: Cover not changing for mp3 format files
- FIX: Extra metadata somtimes not updating

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(12-15-2018, 11:57 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

Just a heads up that a mini update for moOde 4.4 is planned for release before the end of the year :-)

It's mainly a bug fix update but there are several nice new features that will be included for example CoverView backdrop styles can be set and a new Pure Black Theme can be selected for the main UI.

One other new feature that may be included if time permits are additional settings for Auto-shuffle including Queue Depth and Filters. Queue depth defaults to 1 track but this prevents MPD crossfade from having any effect. When queue depth is set to > 1 then MPD crossfade will work. The Filter setting controls which part of the collection is auto-shuffled. Setting it to Genre "Classical"  would only shuffle tracks with Genre tag = "Classical". Setting it to Artist "Steve Cobby" would only shuffle tracks where Artist tag = "Steve Cobby".

Code:
//
// 4.4 2018-MM-DD update
//

New features

Updates

Bug fixes

-Tim

Looks like moOde is finally getting mature….
Exactly what I wanted (ashuffle) when I requested a change a few months ago.

Thx, Tim

(My Katana hasn't arrived yet, but maybe you already received the commission :-) but as soon as this update is released, there's another bonus waiting for you…)
 :@
(12-16-2018, 12:57 AM)JST1963 Wrote:

................etc

........etc

I beg to differ... Moode Player got 'mature' quite a while ago and the wealth of features brought in all the time may need adjustments after shortcomings are signalled by the Moode users, like it's been happening to all operating systems and applications since the beginning of time :-)... by the way Microsoft's botched October 1809 Windows 10 update finally got fixed and it is pushed to a computer nearby you as we speak :-)
I really hope that is true. This has been a real pain.
(12-16-2018, 12:57 AM)JST1963 Wrote:

Code:
//
// 4.4 2018-MM-DD update
//

New features

Updates

Bug fixes

-Tim

Thx, Tim

(My Katana hasn't arrived yet, but maybe you already received the commission :-) but as soon as this update is released, there's another bonus waiting for you…)

Hi,

The queue depth feature is complete and works perfectly. Instead of 1 track being added, 2 tracks are added which allows Crossfade to happen :-)

I'm testing the Filter feature and its also working nicely. The MPD protocol only allows a single tag value pair of each tag type to be specified for the filter for example "genre Classical artist Bach". What's not supported is something like "genre Classical <or> genre Latin".

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
I'm really looking FW to this update. Too bad only a single tag value is possible but I can give that a swing so I can filter out what I don't want...

Cool Xmas present :-)

Johan
 :@
I'm actually testing the update as we speak. :-)
Enjoy the Music!