Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: 4.4 sometimes fails to play ALL Radio stations
With 4.4 my NAS plays well but Radio sometimes plays and sometimes returns an "MPD Error - Failed to Decode". When this happens, all radio stations cannot play. Sometimes the Moode window on my phone and PC displays a white screen amd sometimes it's ok  Confused  Huh

I'm running on LAN and never had a problem with 2.7 from whence I updated. 

4.4 is otherwise great - sound quality is quite noticeable better Heart
The symptom "When this happens, all radio stations cannot play" suggests a network issue.

Post a screen shot of Network config and also the output of the cmd below and I'll have a look.

Code:
moodelog

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Tim, this is a thing..... after some time mpd will drop when playing radio streams.

Not a network error as the router shows activity uninterrupted and the lcd displays I have continue to show the track info and update as tracks change.
I've looked at the logs and find nothing unusual, so far.

However, by increasing the buffer size to 8192 and fill before play to 30%  then radio streams will play several hours without mpd dropping output.
Without those settings it drops after 10 to 20 minutes. May be a decoding error as I get the same message as above.
Also, one log shows...Playing silence as decoder too slow...

threads here....http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=518
and here ...https://github.com/MusicPlayerDaemon/MPD/issues/206

Max seems to be aware but has it as low priority....
----------
bob
(12-18-2018, 12:28 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The symptom "When this happens, all radio stations cannot play" suggests a network issue.

Post a screen shot of Network config and also the output of the cmd below and I'll have a look.

Code:
moodelog

-Tim
For me the Radio stations refuse to play at the beginning of the session. When radio works at the beginning there's no cessation of service.

My settings are 8192 and fill 10%

Having difficulty getting Photobucket to link images. Hope this works:

[Image: Screenshot%209.png.html][Image: Screenshot%207.png.html]
(12-18-2018, 01:49 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Tim, this is a thing..... after some time mpd will drop when playing radio streams.

Not a network error as the router shows activity uninterrupted and the lcd displays I have continue to show the track info and update as tracks change.
I've looked at the logs and find nothing unusual, so far.

However, by increasing the buffer size to 8192 and fill before play to 30%  then radio streams will play several hours without mpd dropping output.
Without those settings it drops after 10 to 20 minutes. May be a decoding error as I get the same message as above.
Also, one log shows...Playing silence as decoder too slow...

threads here....http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=518
and here ...https://github.com/MusicPlayerDaemon/MPD/issues/206

Max seems to be aware but has it as low priority....

Hi Bob,

I've not experienced that. I sometimes leave radio playing on 2 of my test systems that aren't connected to an audio device for like a whole week.
Enjoy the Music!
(12-18-2018, 12:28 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The symptom "When this happens, all radio stations cannot play" suggests a network issue.

Code:
moodelog

-Tim

[Image: Screenshot%209.png]

[Image: Screenshot%207.png]
The network settings are not valid for example there is no Gateway or Primary DNS address and the Secondary DNS is set to a text string "admin" instead of an IP address.

If you are going to use a static IP address then Gateway and Primary DNS must be set to the correct IP addresses, typically they are both set to the LAN address of your Router. Secondary DNS is typically left blank.

I'd suggest switching from STATIC to DHCP and let your Router assign the addresses :-)
Enjoy the Music!

Code:
moodelog

-Tim

I should add that I had 4.3 for a week and there were no issues
OK will try it after I return from a 4 day trip. Thanks
Problem solved as you suggested - set to DHCP. Thanks!