Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: 4.4: Add Album fills Playlist with any tracks
Not related to your playlist problem:

Volker, according to your first log, you are on European time, so don't forget to change your Wifi-Country ;-)
 :@
Hi,

I'm not able to repro this using either Chrome or Safari.

Clicking on an Artist generates a list of Albums by the artist. If there is more than one album, the cover displayed is the default moOde cover with the Artist name and total track count for all the albums underneath.

Using the search field generates a list of Albums where the album name or artist name contains the search string. This list may contain albums from more than one artist depending on the search string. There is no method in place to aggregate the tracks belonging to this list of albums and thus you would need to click on individual albums to add them to the Playlist.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hello Tim,

maybe there was a misunderstanding of my problem description:

If you click on an album, the tracks of this album are listed. Correct.
When you click on the album to get the menue, you can play or add all tracks of this album.
This works great with the chrome browser.
The error happens when you do the same using the vivaldi browser,
and - as user shurito confirmed - using the cromium browser (free linux browser).

Then the behavior happens, that all tracs contained in the NAS are added to the actual playlist.

Not a big bug, maybe a bug in the browser and not in moode, but remarkable behavior.
I use another browser than vivaldi now, no problem.

Thank you for all the excellent work!

I enjoy the music!

Volker
Hi Volker,

moOde uses chromium-browser (linux) to render the UI on attached Touch screens or HDMI displays. A quick test on my Pi with 7" Touch and no issues.

Code:
pi@rp5:~ $ chromium-browser --version
Chromium 65.0.3325.181 Built on Raspbian , running on Raspbian 9.6
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Re: Browser-specific problems

Guys, I have repeatedly tested this "add album" feature on the following browsers installed in my Linux Mint 18.3 running on a ThinkPad:
  • Chromium Version 71.0.3578.80 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on LinuxMint 18.3 (64-bit)
  • Firefox Quantum 64.0 (64-bit) Mozilla Firefox for Linux Mint (mint - 1.0)
  • Google Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Opera Version:57.0.3098.106
  • Vivaldi 2.2.1388.37 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
The version data is what the browsers report about themselves.

As well, from time to time I use Safari 12 on my iPad and several of the above browsers which are installed on it and on an Android phone and an Android tablet. I'd talk about the browsers installed on MS Windows 10, which is a second boot option on my Thinkpad, but it's a bore to have to boot into it.

I don't see the behavior you report.

Tim and @swizzle are the front-end experts, but AFAIK we're just triggering Javascript events which communicate to the backend code on the moOde player. All these browsers contain Javascript engines which score very high marks in scripting tests (see, e.g., html5test.com).

I'm wondering if, instead, some of your browser caches are still holding onto stale Javascript files from moOde r4.3? 

I know this question is like asking if your computer is plugged in, but have you forced each browser to clear its cache of downloaded files and images? 

Regards,
Kent

PS - I hear Tim and @swizzle have an idea for a cool mod which should greatly reduce the problem of stale caches. With luck it will be in Tim's next update.
Hello all,

thank you very much!

I can confirm, Kent was on the right track!
My browser indeed had caches some elemets from the 4.3 version, this causing the malfunction.
After clearing the whole browser data everything is good!

Maybe this wold be a good hint in the upgrade faqs from 4.3 to 4.4

Have a good 2019

Best regards,

Volker