Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Enabling write access to external HDD (in: /media/SYSTEM)?
### UPDATE ###

I managed to work around this issue by creating a new SMB share that points to my 'Downloads' directory (in /mnt/DISK - editing the /etc/samba/smb.conf did the trick). So at least I can now move things from the folder Transmission uses to download stuff to the HDD manually on my Windows desktop explorer.

It's not what I had in mind, but for practical purposes it works. Until someone sheds some light into the issue...

BTW, I think it might be relevant to mention that this HDD suffered a few times from some unexpected power-downs (power outages while unit was working), so every time such a thing happened I tried fixing it by issuing the fsck command:
pi@moode:~ $ sudo su

root@moode:/home/pi# fsck -t vfat /dev/sda1
fsck from util-linux 2.29.2
fsck.fat 4.1 (2017-01-24)
0x41: Dirty bit is set. Fs was not properly unmounted and some data may be corrupt.
1) Remove dirty bit
2) No action
? 1
malloc:Cannot allocate memory

Then again:
root@moode:/home/pi# fsck -t vfat /dev/sda1
fsck from util-linux 2.29.2
fsck.fat 4.1 (2017-01-24)
0x41: Dirty bit is set. Fs was not properly unmounted and some data may be corrupt.
1) Remove dirty bit
2) No action
? 1
malloc:Cannot allocate memory

And as you can see, it seems impossible to fix the FS issues. I wonder if anyone had worked around this in moOde.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Enabling write access to external HDD (in: /media/SYSTEM)? - by wmoecke - 12-25-2018, 07:49 PM