Thank you for your donation!

Idea: Show EQ curve chart in the UI
It would be nice to see a visual representation of the graphic EQ curves in the UI, maybe in the curve edit page.
I mean something really simple just to see the shape, or have a quick idea of the changes while cycling between two curves.
This would be for graphical eq only.

( Parametric EQ is a whole different beast, just ignore it for the sake of this thread)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thumbs Up 
(12-27-2018, 06:07 PM)challenge Wrote: It would be nice to see a visual representation of the graphic EQ curves in the UI, maybe in the curve edit page.
I mean something really simple just to see the shape, or have a quick idea of the changes while cycling between two curves.
This would be for graphical eq only.

( Parametric EQ is a whole different beast, just ignore it for the sake of this thread)

I kinda like this idea…. It's not always easy to see directly what you've done changing a value… Representing all visually would be a great improvement. And the way Challenge represented this visualization, is more than adequate. You can see immediately what you changed in the curve...

I vote for implementation in a future version… [Image: thumbsup.png]

Johan
 Angry
It would be easier to implement vertical slider controls. They would implicitly show the the curve by their position just like on a physical Graphic EQ.

I haven't figured out those controls yet so maybe @swizzle can take a look :-)
Whatever….
I mean, a graphical representation means 10 thousand times more than a numerical view.
One octave more or less as a number is nothing compared to a graphic that goes up or down depending on the value….

It would be nice to have this…
C'mon Swizzle...let your mayonaise work ;-)

J
 Angry
What I'm referring to is like below where the slider controls effectively show the curve. But even if it never materializes as a feature in moOde the graphic EQ as-is already has a nice set of named curves that are really useful and easily tweaked.

(12-31-2018, 05:00 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What I'm referring to is like below where the slider controls effectively show the curve. But even if it never materializes as a feature in moOde the graphic EQ as-is already has a nice set of named curves that are really useful and easily tweaked.

Tim,

I agree 100%. Showing the curve would be fantastic. And I agree the pre-programmed settings do represent some great settings. But still, showing them graphically would be a great improvement. Modifying the curve, even if it's only for a minor adjustment, is a lot easier if there's a graphic in front of you in stead of a bunch of (insignificant) numbers…

But as always, keep it simple...

J

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Angry
(12-31-2018, 05:00 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What I'm referring to is like below where the slider controls effectively show the curve. But even if it never materializes as a feature in moOde the graphic EQ as-is already has a nice set of named curves that are really useful and easily tweaked.

Tim,

I agree 100%. Showing the curve would be fantastic. And I agree the pre-programmed settings do represent some great settings. But still, showing them graphically would be a great improvement. Modifying the curve, even if it's only for a minor adjustment, is a lot easier if there's a graphic in front of you in stead of a bunch of (insignificant) numbers…

J
 Angry