Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Failed to open ALSA Bluetooth
Hi everybody.
I use Moode 4.4 since few days  and I am very happy of it. I use my Marshall Acton speaker connected by BT. Works well and only problem I have is that I must configure BT again after every switch on Moode because no playback and there is message “ Failed to open ALSA Bluetooth”.  To playback I must Scan Device, Pair Acton and connect everytime I switch Moode on.

I assume that there is possibility Moode to remember BT settings but I cannot find them. 
Can anybody help me, please?

Stan
(12-29-2018, 10:55 AM)Stan Nowak Wrote: Hi everybody.
I use Moode 4.4 since few days  and I am very happy of it. I use my Marshall Acton speaker connected by BT. Works well and only problem I have is that I must configure BT again after every switch on Moode because no playback and there is message “ Failed to open ALSA Bluetooth”.  To playback I must Scan Device, Pair Acton and connect everytime I switch Moode on.

I assume that there is possibility Moode to remember BT settings but I cannot find them. 

Stan

Yes, moOde does remember BT settings but once you break the BT connection (by turning off either the BT speaker or moOde, say) then you have to reestablish it manually. You should be able to go back to the Bluez Conf panel and ask moOde to "LIST paired" and see your Acton speaker in the resulting list. Then you can ask moOde to "CONNECT" to it.

Bluetooth in moOde is still a work in progress.

Regards,
Kent

[Added in post-edit]

PS - I first gave you only half an answer. If moOde says it's connected and you get the "Failed to ALSA Bluetooth" message, then you will need to disconnect and then connect again. Apparently the bluez-alsa layer is retaining stale connection information and has to be forced to refresh it. Something we need to look into.
(12-29-2018, 03:09 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 10:55 AM)Stan Nowak Wrote: Hi everybody.

Stan

Yes, moOde does remember BT settings but once you break the BT connection (by turning off either the BT speaker or moOde, say) then you have to reestablish it manually. You should be able to go back to the Bluez Conf panel and ask moOde to "LIST paired" and see your Acton speaker in the resulting list. Then you can ask moOde to "CONNECT" to it.

Bluetooth in moOde is still a work in progress.

Regards,
Kent

[Added in post-edit]

PS - I first gave you only half an answer. If moOde says it's connected and you get the "Failed to ALSA Bluetooth" message, then you will need to disconnect and then connect again. Apparently the bluez-alsa layer is retaining stale connection information and has to be forced to refresh it. Something we need to look into.

Kent,
Thanks a lot for your answer.  Basicly, I do exactly what you recomend but I thought that there is another better solution.

Regards
Stan
@hartmut56  Strange. I have a small Aldi (medion) chain that has BT.  I now use a RPI2 with a BT and wifi dongle to connect to it via BT.
After I power down the receiver and power it back up it will reconnect BT automatically without me having to do anything.  I think the same thing happened when I was experimenting with a BT speaker.
I also had an automatic re-connection. So no trouble with that. It has just not worked out as some of my songs are coded in AAC. When I tried to ply them, I also received a "Failed to open ALSA Bluetooth". So you also might want to check if your last song was one of these songs.