Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Qobuz
Any one suggest a iPad app for using Qobuz with moode? Using Lumin at the moment, sounds great but I don’t like the app, thanks.
Had another play with Qobuz using Lumin last night and Lumin is not as bad as I thought it was. One problem, in the Lumin guide it say's you can add albums/tracks to Qobus favourites, but that option does not appear for me. Not sure if this is a Lumin, Qubuz or a Moode problem?
Contacted Lumin support about my problem and received the following reply.

This is a limitation of your renderer, which does not fully implement the OpenHome standard for Qobuz.
I can not try and test this app as I don't use Apple products, but I think they this is not the way it should work.

If you would like to add bits to your favourites it should go into your Qobuz service and not to local renderer, moOde in this case.
Reason is that you can use multiple renderers/players so then this favorite would appear only on one in your situation.

Me running android devices I using BubbleUPnP app together with Tidal. So every time I add stuff to my favourite this appears in my Tidal favourites so I see this from any device I log into it and I can play it from any.

So I suggest you try some different application which is better written and have a better features which offers such features
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
Lumin does support the feature to save favourites to the Qobuz favourites folder, but the option is not available when using moode. I am not trying to save to the moode renderer.

Any one suggest another ipad app to try?

Lumin is available for Android if you want to try it. http://www.luminmusic.com/lumin-app.html
(04-19-2018, 12:02 PM)kit1cat Wrote: Lumin does support the feature to save favourites to the Qobuz favourites folder, but the option is not available when using moode. I am not trying to save to the moode renderer.

Any one suggest another ipad app to try?

Lumin is available for Android if you want to try it.    http://www.luminmusic.com/lumin-app.html

The thing about Lumin, and to that extent Kazoo is they are applications to support Lumin's and Linn's hardware, the reason that you can use them with Moode or other players is that they support the open standard UPNP and more importantly they support Linn's extensions to UPNP called Openhome.

Features like the Qobuz/Tidal support in Lumin are based on the tight relationship between their hardware and their software, in the case of say Qobuz I suspect that they pass the session credentials down to the hardware so it can logon onto Qobuz to play the tracks, I also suspect this is not a UPNP call (but have no proof).

Note there is an outstanding bug at the moment that means Linn Kazoo does not recognise OHradio players that are not Linn correctly so not all features are supported.

One of the issues with the UPMPDCLI support is that it working as a UPNP proxy into a streaming service and there is no control point command to 'add to favourites' never mind do you want to open yourself up as a programmer to user account issues. The Lumin support can probably be best described as a native Qobuz application and because it has complete control on what commands that can be sent to the player/renderer it does not have to adhere to standards.

Moode's support through UPMPDCLI is renderer/media server based not control point based.
Regarding your alternatives on IOS there is only Linn Kazoo that really works.

As Rikardo says probably best doing management in the Streaming Application.

Lumin's comment about OHOME support is dubious , adding to favourites is done on the Qobuz account end not in the Renderer, and I can add an album to Favourites using Bubble's in built Qobuz support and then find it in the Moode UPNP-Media server.

Seems like a fob off answer to me.
Thanks for info guys. I have downloaded a App called mconnect lite which is working perfectly with Moode and Qobuz. Yes, looks like the answer from Lumin support was a fob off.
(04-22-2018, 09:50 AM)serverbaboon Wrote: Regarding your alternatives on IOS there is only Linn Kazoo that really works.

As Rikardo says probably best doing management in the Streaming Application.

Lumin's comment about OHOME support is dubious , adding to favourites is done on the Qobuz account end not in the Renderer, and I can add an album to Favourites using Bubble's in built Qobuz support and then find it in the Moode UPNP-Media server.

Seems like a fob off answer to me.

Seems I owe Lumin an apology...

I checked the ohmedia website and it seems there is now a ohmedia interface into qobuz, Tidal and something called Calm Radio, I cannot remember the last time I checked (but a few years ago) so not sure when they appeared.

I will ask the developer but I am not sure if its something he will support as it would not work with control points like bubble only Lumin and Kazoo.

The source code for the ohmediaplayer is not public so not sure if its possible.
Hello,
Finally succeeded to install Moode 4.1 instead of version 3.x.x   Smile

I can see that we can use Qobuz. But, despite I have entered my Qobuz userid and password on the UPnP config page and have put the UPnP renderer on, I can't see it as an option to be played.

Did I misunderstood something ?

LZ