Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

New EQ's for upcoming moOde 4.5
Hi,

Here's some screenies of the release candidate EQ's for moOde 4.5.

EQ processing applies to MPD, Airplay and Spotify output :-)

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
cool this gives me incentive to play with REW as I'll have some way to make corrections.
Nice :-)

The Parametric EQ is high precision using 1/10th steps for Gain and 1/100th steps for Bandwidth.
Enjoy the Music!
nice. being really picky here, the parametric eq "bandwidth" that I see in the new interface is the same as the old "Q-factor", right, no changes to the way it's calculated?

I'm just saying, it's referenced as Q-factor nearly everywhere there's a param eq, so maybe add it like (Q) or call it back Q-factor?

E.g. this is the interface in REW, which I used in past to generate the filters for moode (room eq optimization etc)

Hi,

No prob I'll go ahead and change it back to "Q-factor" :-)
Enjoy the Music!
(01-11-2019, 03:47 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Hi,

No prob I'll go ahead and change it back to "Q-factor" :-)

Some of us prefer the more user friendly Bandwidth to the abstract Q designation. Saves us having to use the formula
BW=f0/Q to calculate the bandwidth affected by the parametric change each time a setting is done.

Besides some hardware parametric equalisers like the Behringer DEQ2496 uses Bandwidth (in octave) and not Q, so Q is not necessarily in universal use. Just make sure that the Bandwidth term is correctly used according to the formula above.

Keep up the good work!
Whatever then, I'm fine with everything, as long as there is an info button next to it that it remember us what it is really does.

moode is using this one, EqFA4p IIRC 
http://quitte.de/dsp/caps.html#EqFA4p

Quote:Four Mitra-Regalia peaking equaliser filters in series; a vector arithmetic re-implementation of Fons Adriaensens "Parametric1" equaliser][fafil]with minor differences. 
Parallelisation of the serial filter organisation causes the output to lag by three samples. 
The bw control sets the bandwidth of a single filter, lower values corresponding to increasing resonance
(01-12-2019, 10:37 AM)challenge Wrote: Whatever then, I'm fine with everything, as long as there is an info button next to it that it remember us what it is really does.

moode is using this one, EqFA4p IIRC 
http://quitte.de/dsp/caps.html#EqFA4p

Quote:Four Mitra-Regalia peaking equaliser filters in series; a vector arithmetic re-implementation of Fons Adriaensens "Parametric1" equaliser][fafil]with minor differences. 
Parallelisation of the serial filter organisation causes the output to lag by three samples. 
The bw control sets the bandwidth of a single filter, lower values corresponding to increasing resonance

If the input values are f (frequency), bw (bandwidth), and g (gain), then IMHO that's what they should be called. For physicists and engineers, it's obvious that bandwidth is inversely proportional to Q (by the definition of Q); that's not necessarily true for enthusiasts.

Regards,
Kent
Here is the help. The explanation for bandwidth is right from the EqFa4P page,.

Master gain: -24 to 24 dB (applies to all 4 frequency bands).<br>
Individual bands:<br>
- Frequency: 20 to 14000 Hz<br>
- Bandwidth: 0.12 to 8 (lower values correspond to increasing resonance)<br>
- Gain: -24 to 24 dB<br>
Enjoy the Music!
I just read my previous post, didn't want to sound polemic btw. I posted the previous post while I was editing it, cut a part of it and forgot to correct it, so it ended up a bit of a rough mess...
What I wanted to write was "it's fine for me as long as the label in the front end corresponds to what the filter is really doing in the backend".
Bandwidth it is then.
To the guy who mentioned REW, be careful to set it the correct way if you use it to auto-generate the filters.